three

⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆
W I T H  L O V E , M O O N

⋆                        ⋆                                      ⋆          ⋆                               ⋆                                 ⋆                    ⋆W I T H  L O V E , M O O N

[wes] | mickie
🌒🌔

I woke up to the beaming light coming through my window blinds. My eyes squinted at such gleam.  I pulled my blanket and bed sheets over my head to keep the brightness out of my sight.

I shut my eyes to get more sleep, but then it struck me. I sat up wide awake realizing I was in my room. I took in my surroundings.

My small desk in the corner near to the closet still had the things sitting on top. My laptop still sitting on my nightstand. The couple of medals I won back in middle school were still hanging right beside the doorway. Family pictures hanging above my desk. Even the black hoodie I left hanging over my wooden desk chair was still intact. Nothing seemed to be out of place. Nothing changed.

I fell back on my bed and smiled looking up at the ceiling. I folded my arms behind my head feeling relief. I sighed before closing my eyes back to sleep.

-          -

This time I woke up to the smell of freshly cooked bacon. The aroma traveled from downstairs up to my nose. Mama was cooking some mad breakfast.

Effortlessly, I hopped out of bed and headed down to the kitchen. I stood at the steps of the stairs and inhaled the wonderful odor. The smell was mouthwatering.

I walked to Mama and plopped a good morning kiss on the top of her head, "Good morning Mama."

She smoothly flipped a golden brown pancake in the skillet. "Good morning sweetie." She replied with a grin.

Dad and my sisters were already sitting at the table. "Good to see you up son." Dad said without looking up from his morning paper.

"Well you know Dad, had to get back at it." I patted his shoulder.

"Bacon?" River knew what was up.

"Hell yeah." I responded grabbing a strip.

"No cursing at the table." Mama placed the plate of recently made pancakes on the table.

"Sorry Mama." I took my place at the table and picked my plate. I snagged some pancakes and strips of bacon. I sliced a piece of my breakfast and placed it in my mouth. I was savoring the slice, but the table grew quiet. I looked up and my sisters were staring at me wide-eyed. "What-"

"You got tattoos?" Sarahi cut me off.

Shit. I forgot I was shirtless.

Both of my parents head snapped in my direction. Dad's face was growing redder with every breath he took. My palms were growing sweat.

I mean, it's not like he had anything against tattoos, but he thought that they would ruin the skin. He personally didn't want any ink on his skin and so he didn't want anyone in the family getting one either. Dad would give us lectures on how tattoos were an art, but everlasting. That when one was old and had wrinkles the ink would make the skin saggy. In his own words, he'd beat our asses if he ever found a speck of ink.

I'd never really thought about Dad actually going through with the punishment until today, this very moment.

"A tattoo?" Dad gritted through his teeth.

"Not just one, but three Dad." River added.

I glared at her. She just smirked as if it was a game for her.

Aww, damn. Now Dad's gonna get furious. But his face was anything but angry; in fact he grew back to his tannish-pale color. I looked at Mama and wasn't very pleased either.

Dad deeply sighed and crossed his arms across his chest. Uh-oh. The crossing of the arms across the chest was serious. "Wes, what have I told you about tattoos?" His voice softened but you could still hear the aggravation in his voice.

"It's a ruining of the skin." I whispered scared for my life.

He sighed again and spoke, "But what's done is done." He gave up. I looked at Dad, but he was looking at my shoulder. He didn't say anything anymore.

"So you got any plans, honey?" Mama broke the tension. Dad looked away and ate his breakfast. River and Sarahi did the same.

"I-uh..actually," I cut open a banana from the fruit bowl and sliced it on top of my pancakes. "I had in mind to uhh...you know...go see..." the name just couldn't slip out of my mouth.

Suddenly my throat grew dry and swallowing now became hard. I looked down at my plate and started playing with my food. "...Rosie." Finally having the guts to speak, my palms grew sweaty once again.

The table got quiet again, but everybody's face grew sad. Mama and Dad's faces were unexplainable. It was as if a pain was brought back into their lives. The topic was never easy to talk about, especially around them. It was still as painful as the day it occurred.

Dad finally cleared his throat and spoke, "She'll love that." He forced a smile.

I looked at Mama and she lined her lips trying to hold in her tears. With the look in her eyes, I knew she couldn't speak.

-          -

I held the bouquet of flowers tightly in my hands. I was quite nervous, to be honest. I took a deep breath in before stepping out of the truck.

Once more, I took another deep breath. I ran a trembling hand through my hair and fixed my collar of my shirt.

Okay, let's do this. I clicked the lock on my key until I heard a loud beep. 

I hesitantly walked to her thinking about every step I took. Soon I was standing right before her.

My palms were drenching in sweat. "Hi, Rosie." I began.

•  •  •  •  •  •

okay sorry you guys for taking so long to update but I just didn't have time. And i know this won't make up but I'll try.

I just recently went to Tennessee and let me tell you it was amazing!!! Have any of you been to Tennessee? If you have, where'd you go? I went to see some family in Symrna.

Now let me talk about Boy Band!!! Have you guys seen it?? It is freakin amazing! And you guys should watch. I put one of my favorite performances up  above so you guys could see yourself. You'll thank me later *wink wink* and if you watch it please vote for your top 5 cause the finale is coming soon!!! Let's vote Drew, Chance, Marcus, & Michael Conor!!

[GRAPHIC CREDITS]:
@heartsick : cover(s)

[GRAPHIC CREDITS]:@heartsick : cover(s)