Chapter 1

Darkness...a dazzing light...darkness again.

This road is filled with cars with bright headlights. The moon hides its face behind black clouds, but sometimes by a spark of light you can see the beautiful landscape: mountains, plains and country houses. I have always loved driving at night. It's all seem so magic. You don't see further than your headlights, but you have to keep going. This reminds me about how life is. I am Joash Davis and this car journey is one of the most special journeys in my life...

"Thank you for bringing me home, Joash!"

"It's OK, Elisabeth. I'm glad I have this chance to go with you..I mean, I wanted to say that I don't like to drive alone, in the night. And also, it was in my way, right?" (It's not a lie, it is in my way now, but I came only for her)

"Yes, thanks."

*weird silence*

 "Whatever, when have you moved in the countryside, Elisa?"

"Well, my family moved last month because my parents obtained jobs at a factory outside the city so we moved near it. But you didn't know about this because I was staying here for school. I have one more year ."

"Wow..I understand. Have you thinked about remaining here?"

"Yes, but I don't know. I don't have many friends here, because I have moved so many times..I also need to help my parents and my little sister. See, I have been on this road time and again..it seems like nothing changed.."

"Interesting!...That's because we are usually the ones who change..."

*that weird silence again..Isn't it annoying?*

(Come on, genius, say something. When will you have this occasion again? "we are the ones who change?" I'm like a vampire or something. I turn into a famous philosopher when I'm excited)

"Look, Elisa! We enter in the big forest. The legend says that it's haunted, what do you think?"

"I haven't seen any ghosts yet. I'm a very pragmatic person and I believe only in what is real."

"Yeah, me too, but do you know how many people stayed here in the night? The story says that a bride is searching right here for her disappeared groom, and you can hear screams and ringings..Well, if I see a ghost, I will ask for some water. I'm thirsty!"

"I don't know, but I read a book which says that if you hear weird sounds or ringing frequently, you may be pretty crazy."

"Interesting...I haven't heard this...wait, what was that? Your phone? ...No, just...kidding."

"OK, right..I was to worry."

(She didn't even laugh, idiot! That's all I can say?)

"Really, you never and never laugh?"

"Usually not. "

*finally, after another hour of deep silence*

"You know...speaking of that ghost love.. Have you ever been in love?"

"No, Joash, and I definitely won't. I think that it's a waste of time and energy."

"No, I contradict you, it actually brings you energy, it's like...the moment when you really start to enjoy life. But how can you know? Maybe someday..."

"No. I have to work, to finish my school, to be practical."

"Love can't be explained by words. You can't understand it if you don't live it. But why don't you do also what makes you really happy?"

"We understand happiness in different ways. Wait, can you stop here?"

"But it's not any house here!"

"I will walk for two minutes. You can't..turn back if you come near to my house."

"Allright, if you want."

She left and started to walk in that way. It's dark there, I was worried for her so I secretive followed her and OK...I admit, because I wanted to see her more. I couldn't see where she lives because of the dark. I wonder why she doesn't want me to see her house.

 I couldn't say that I love her...anyway, she can't understand me. Well, I don't go elsewhere this night. I just heard that she comes home and I offered to bring her, even it's the middle of the night and I'll arrive home in a few hours, in the morning. Also it was the shortest journey in my life. I wanted to drive slowly, but I didn't want her to think that I don't know how to drive.

....

"Elisabeth, you arrived in time."

"Of course. Are you allright? What's wrong, mom? dad?"

"We can't unravel with money anymore. We are about to move. You need to start making your luggage. Tomorrow we are living."

"But we just came here!"

"I am sorry, but the owner of the house thrown us out. We couldn't pay the rent."

"How about Aliya? She is too young to move every month."

"Your sister will be fine. You know, we are not moving so far. It's just a new house. You will go to the same school. We need to find a way..maybe someday we will have our own house..."

"Yes, or someday I will become a beggar on the street..."

"Don't talk like this!"

From the next chapter

"Everytime I see her I'm so happy but also sad because I'm so far away from her, you know? I have a strange feeling that I will never hold her in my arms..."

...

"No, Leon! I hate when you do things like this! I don't like it when I have to cover you. Your bad behaviour will bring us real problems someday.."

...

"I remained there like a statue after she left. Was this the last time when I saw her?..."

Hey, I hope that you like the story!