Chapter 10

A month later

The last month was so terrible that I don't want to remember about it. I didn't get out of my house since the funeral days. I won't be able to get over it. Joash's fans were shocked. But I am really depressed. I don't know what to do...I didn't answer the phone and I didn't talk with anyone excepting myself. I am lucky because I'm not crazy yet. Well...at least I think that I'm not. Someone's at the door.

"Hello, I'm officer Tim Spot. Glad to announce you that you're arrested for stealing and complicity in murder. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney."

...

I'm in prison. Joash would be so "proud of me". Honestly, maybe I will be happier here, where I deserve to be. Joash's parents will come later to see me. I feel like I can't face them.

"Hi, Leon, I'll be your attorney."

"Thank you, mister. What can we do?"

"You are proven as guilty for theft and two prisoners declare that you are their accomplice for murder. This is not proven yet. Are you guilty? If you assume this, your penalty will be less."

"I'm not guilty like they say. I stole their car and they wanted the money. I couldn't give the money to them so...my friend happened to be in the wrong place."

"This can be cleared easy, but you have to assume your fault."

"I will, mister."

...

"Leon, you have to tell us what happened."

"I know...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry! Yes, it's true. It's my fault that your son is not with you. I'm ready and happy to be punished. Joash warned me...I'm the worst friend..."

"It's OK, Leon. The situation can't be changed. I'm sure that it hurts for you as much as it hurts for us."

"Don't say it, please! It's not OK!"

Two years later

Leon was just released on bail by Joash's parents. He managed to get over these terrible events, but he is definitely not like he was before.

On the beach

"Dear Michael Albert, do you take Elisabeth Taylor to be your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?"

"I do!"

"Dear Elisabeth Taylor, do you take Michael Albert to be your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and to honor him all the days of your life?"

"I..."

"Elisa, here you say "yes"!"

"I had a friend who called me "Elisa". I...I'm sorry. I can't do it!"

"Excuse us, please!...What? What are you doing, Elisabeth?"

"I'm so sorry, Michael! I love you but...I just realise that he loved me..."

"Who? What are you talking about? Let's go back!"

"It's about Joash..."

"That guy? Elisabeth, I love you, but how can you interrupt our wedding for this?"

"I have to continue my life...Yes, Michael, let's go back. Sorry!"

...

"Yes, I do!"

"I declare you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride."

...

Ten years passed. Everything is almost normal, excepting Joash's absence which is still observable. Elisabeth named her first boy "Joash" and Leon got married too.

The end

(Sorry if you don't like the ending and if the story is too short. Thank you for reading!)

If you are reading this, you may like my other story, named "Stupid Cupid, we need to talk!". That book will be longer than this book and it's different.