The First Chapter

|Calum|

❝ but baby the phantoms are watching.❞

[dedicated to fivesaucewhoop because her stories are amazing duh]

***

"Mate, I can pick you up. It's not that far." Luke says to me over the phone. He had the nerve to not show up for our project and he was offering to pick me up?

I switch the phone to my other hand and check my watch.

"Luke, it's ten to midnight. I can take the night bus. I just called to tell you that I left the project shit at Mikey's." I say calmly and start walking down the street to find the bus stop.

"You mean the bus round Mikey's?"

"No shit."

"I'm warning you, you might not want to use the bus stop near Mikey's, you should turn around and go use the one in Julian's neighbourhood instead."

"Why?" I ask. Julian's neighbourhood is an hour's walk away, the asshole didn't know what he's talking about.

"It's fucking bus stop 13, dipshit. And bus stop 13 means bus 99!"

"Whaaa?"

"The bus stop is haunted! The bus is haunted! It's driven by a man with no face, to a place with no end, getting stuck in a time warp with no escape!" Luke yells.

I chuckle. "Bunch of bullshit. If it's the chain letter thing you got last week, I ain't believing your shit. Goodnight, Luke. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Wait, goddamnit-"

"Three seconds." I tell him.

"They never come back."

[at this point of this story i need to tell you that the success of this depends solely on your mental images. BEWARE: some material you're about to read could be disturbing to some people.]