four

i woke up to a series of harsh knocks on the door. i stood up quickly, my eyes fuzzed and when they cleared, i saw a slender man with red hair, followed by another man with black hair and tattoos littering his body standing at my door frame.

"wake up sunshine, we're going to california" the man with the red hair said in a sing-song voice. the man behind him chuckled.

"who are you guys?" i questioned, although i slightly knew from the conversation from the night before.

"i'm gerard" the man with the red hair explained, stepping farther into the room so he was next to the dresser. he then pointed to the other man, which was following close behind him. "and that's frank"

"hello" frank waved, then sent a kind smile.

"josh decided that it would be best for you to go california with us. to you know, tyler's old house" gerard opened my dresser drawer, his eyes opened in surprise. "oh, babe, this is going to take a while" he looked at frank. frank bit his lip.

i stepped out of bed cautiously. "i' ll get to packing" i opened my closet door and got my suitcase. "do you know how long we'll be staying there?"

"a few months at the most. it really depends" frank eyed the suitcase.

i nodded, and we started laying my clothes in the suitcase. i was careful to make sure that i kept an outfit out for the trip there, i didn't want to wear my pajamas to california.

we finished in about two hours. i got to know gerard and frank pretty well, they met by being in a band called 'my chemical romance', which gerard was the main singer and frank was the guitar player. i made a mental note to look up their music when i got the time.

gerard carried my suitcase down the stairs, and we were automatically greeted by josh. he looked terrible, his hair was knotted and he had dark circles under his eyes.

"i can't do this" he breathed out, then took me in a big hug. "i love you, y/n. please just know that. i'm so sorr-"

i dismissed him by struggling out of his grasp.

"well, let's hit the road" frank clapped his hands once in fake enthusiasm.