Unexpected Help (2)

There he is.

"Hey,"

"Hey," I replied.

He made a gesture signaling me to get closer. I can feel the cold night wind hit my body. I shivered a bit.

"It's a beautiful night, isn't it? The sky is clear and we can see the stars, not like in city," he said, with his eyes not on mine but to the sky.

I looked up to the sky and see that the stars really can be seen clearly there. 

"Yeah, but cut it out, Roy. What do you want to talk to me?" 

He looked at me.

"Well, I know now that Alice likes Jackson."

"So?"

"You must know that Karry likes Alice."

My eyes grew wide, "How can you know that?"

I'm really confused right now. How can he know that Karry likes Alice and he know that I know it?

"How to say it, hmm. I just accidentally know," He shrugs.

"That's not the answer that I want to hear," 

He just simply smiled. Oh God. how can he looks so calm while my expression must be looks like I just saw a ghost.

"Roy-"

He cuts me, "Relax, May. I'm willing to help."

"What the-"

He cuts me again, "Do you think you can handle this yourself? helping both Karry and Alice, are you out of your mind?" He raised one eyebrow and smirk.

"Y-yeah. But,"

I stopped, can't find the right words. I don't know if he should help me. But I realized something.

"Why would you help me?" I asked him.

"Because I happen to know this crazy thing you are doing,"

HA. You know.

"You haven't told anyone, right?" I start to trust him.

"Nope, only you and I know."

I'm starting to feel relieved.

"So, how can you help me, I mean help those two?"

"Hmm, how about this, you help Karry and I will be helping Alice."

"Well...yeah, maybe we can try it."

He gave me a reassuring smile and I feel warm all of sudden in this cold night.

"It's decided then, let's go inside now. You look cold," he took my already cold hand and gently pulled me inside.

"Sure."

I'm glad I don't have to walk alone to my room, but my stupid heart can't stop beating so hard and I'm afraid that he might hear it.

"Good night," I said to him before I go to my room.

"Night," he replied.

I opened the door slowly, don't want to wake up Alice. But, she surprisingly still hasn't slept yet and was waiting for me.

"Where have you been?" she asked me as soon as she saw me.

"Stargazing," I replied.

Please don't ask more, please don't ask more.

"You can see it clearly in here, right? phew, don't just leave me again like that. Let's see it together next time," she said.

I lie down to my bed and feel the sleepiness already attacking me. Alice and me are facing each other. Somehow, her words remind me of what Roy said about the sky.

"Hey, you and Roy look funny earlier," I told her.

"Roy? Ugh." she rolled her eyes.

"Why? he helped, didn't he?"

"Yeah, but it's just felt weird having him to helping me," she answered.

"I don't really think he can help me, I mean how can that boy help me." she continued.

I just smiled, then closed my eyes. 

You don't know Alice, Roy may seems like a simple lively boy. But, he unexpectedly shows his other side today. He can be unbelievable.