Repeating Days

I heard the crash of a vase. Another one... that's right I said another one. This is just my typical day. Not abuse, but not love either.

"Why don't you just go out with your little guy friends and sleep around with them?"

"Luke, I'm not sleeping with them! They're my friends from work! I'm not a whore!" I yelled back at him.

"Really?! I saw the way Zack looked at you while we were at lunch!"

"So you're saying I'm a slut because some guy may think I'm attractive?!" I threw my hands in the air.

"No, I'm saying no guy can look at you like that but me!"

"Luke, you never even look at me like that! You never show me that you love me! You only yell at me and then the next minute, you show up with flowers! That's not how love works!" He slowed down and his aggravated face slowly faded away.

"Y-you love me?" I avoided the question, "Aubrey, do you love me?" He stepped near me and lifted up my chin.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't. Maybe you have to show me if you do and that determines which I feel." My voice cracks and I step away from him and look at the floor.

"Aub, you know I do. You know I love you, babe." I looked up and his eyes were watering.

"Really?! Do you?! You yell at me and then you show up with chocolates the next hour." I shook my head.

"I do. I really do... love you..." He kisses me and I kiss back.

And that's a full circle. That's how it happens. We fight and scream and throw things, then we make up.

"I'm sorry I accused you of sleeping around... I should've trusted you. I should have faith in you." I nodded and stood on my tippy toes to run my fingers through his hair.

"I should've told you sooner that I would be hanging out with them after work." He nodded too.

I guess this is just another day... but it won't happen again... hopefully.