12 || Wandering How Life Works

x Brandon Taylor x

"Let's make a deal." I suggest. Karella keeps staring at me, signalling that I should go on.

"We can be friends with benefits." I say looking down, kind of embarrassed. But thankfully I don't blush a shade of deep red that resembles a tomato, thanks to Karella I'm overcoming the blushing problem. Which is strange because I only blush around her.

"That would benefit you. So what's in it for me?" She teases.

So as a response I kiss her again and bite her bottom lip to make her gasp, allowing an entrance for my tongue; but just as the kiss was heating up I let go.

I stand up straight and cross my arms, staring down at her - waiting for a reaction.

"You can't just stop there!" She exclaims, throwing her hands into the air.

"So deal?"

"Deal." She says standing up to peck my lips.

"Keep this a secret from Emily would you?" I say not wanting anyone to know about our secret acts, which makes it sound taboo but isn't necessarily.

"Sure." She replies after thinking for a short while.

Since she's off the swing I sit on it and stare up at the sky. Wandering how life works: why it teases you, tortures you, makes you and kills you.

Karella sits on the ground on the side of the swing. She sits with her legs elongated and her back diagonal, using her two arms as stands to keep her torso uplifted.

"Why is kissing so addictive?" I question truthfully.

I feel as if I can let my guard down around Karella. As if she found a crack in my wall and is starting to break it down with a sledgehammer.

"Because it's pleasurable for humans." She says dramatically.

I stare down at her once again. Trying to search her eyes for what they might show. But once again, she turns her head before I could see sight of anything.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I question with curiosity.

"Doing what?" She relies, feigning innocence.

"Look away when I look at you."

"Curiosity killed the cat." She says trying to deter me from asking.

"But satisfaction brought it back." I reply, smirking.

"Well my tongue is tied." Karella says making it clear she won't speak a word. She brings her knees up to her chin, wrapping her body with her arms as if she's trying to protect and shield herself from the big, bad world.

"Alright. We should get going now."

"Yeah." Karella replies quietly, contained in her own thoughts.

I link or fingers together, snapping her out of her thoughts and pull her up to her feet.

We make our way back with our hands still locked together. As if this connection will protect us from the dangers of the world.

I unlock my car and open the door for Karella to enter. I jog around the front of the car and then take my seat in front of the steering wheel. Oh, how I love driving; it let's you be in control and be free simultaneously.

I buckle my seat belt and rev the engine to life. The car purrs wanting to be driven at a high speed.

I begin driving back the road we came from and try to start a conversation with Karella.