16 || Heart To Stone

x Karella Carlo x

Today I'm back to how I was. Dad left the house a 5am to get to work for a large case and left a note on the fridge to inform me.

I feel like every time I get up, I'm tripped back down again - I know it's just going to keep happening so I decide to stay on the ground and lay down, take a break from trying to please everyone.

Today I feel like doing my makeup differently: I apply black eye shadow and lots of black eyeliner. To finish off the look I paint my lips a dark shade of purple.

I change into clothes that I wouldn't usually pair together because if I did I would look like a bad ass - but now that's the aim

I curl my hair and run my fingers through it to make beach waves and I look in a full length mirror and judge my overall appearance

I'm happy with this touch of bad girl, but I put on a silver skull necklace just to finish the look.

I debate whether I should take a bag, seeing as I'm forgetting my school bag, but decide against not taking one so I can put some lunch in it. Also my other essential items that I took out with me yesterday.

I jog down the stairs and prepare myself a chicken, sweetcorn and mayonnaise sandwich; a packet of cheese and onion crisp; a bottle of Coke and a packet of bubblegum flavoured Extra chewing gum.

I can't help but smirk at my appearance when I see my reflection. I can't help thinking of how my fellow peers are going to react.

Now would be my usual leaving time, but I've decided to be fashionably late, like a real bad girl.

I walk to school ten minutes later than usual (I didn't want to be too late otherwise they would contact my dad), chewing a piece of gum, I would have bubblegum but it would be embarrassing if it got stuck all over my lips.

Once I reach the gates I immediately remember Emily is going to question me non stop about everything that's happened over the past few days of when she wasn't with me so she could calculate what caused this change in me.