17 || I Like Words

x Karella Carlo x

After school ended, Emily came straight to my house and thankfully dad still wasn't back so he didn't see my appearance. I don't want dad to worry or have any weird parental feelings about me and this sudden change. I just want him to be happy, but I also can't stop.

I explained to Emily that Brandon and I have been, essentially, friends with benefits and that I felt used so now I'm done with him.

She said she knew something was up but wasn't sure about asking just yet. I love Emily for being so understanding and not prying.

She also admitted Brandon asked her about me but she said she didn't know, which was true. Furthermore she knows the bad girl attitude is just an act and not really me. I feel like she is my soul mate and I don't need anyone but her and dad.

Confessing was hard but it was worth it. Later, after hanging out for a while, Emily left to get back to her place and 'let me find myself for awhile' (her words not mine).

I rest my head on the arm rest of one of the living room sofas, or couches as you Americans call it, and close my eyes for some shut eye. But, obviously as soon as I feel I'm drifting off to sleep some fucking idiot knock on the door.

I groan and lazily pull myself up. I trudge to the door and open without looking through the peep hole it to see someone I don't currently want to. Note to future self: check who it is before you open the God damn door.

He looks up and his eyes present some relief and a quick flash of happiness. "Karella." He says and smiles.

I try to close the door but he stops me and let's himself into my home. "Get out." I say as he locks the door behind him.

"No, just please listen to me." He says with a serious tone.

I stand there, arms crossed, waiting for him to form words. "I'm sorry, but you can't just walk out of my life without any explanation." He expresses how he truly feels. "You could have at least told me what's going on because I'm standing here without a clue of what just happened!" He rambles. "I need you Karella and I thought that was the only way to get you, so I had to do it. I thought if I uttered words you'd want to forget me - I took what I could get, trying to play it safe. But that didn't work, did it?" He admits earnestly.

At this point I was speechless, I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything - I stretched my arms out and wrapped them around his broad shoulders to comfort him the way he comforted me. I didn't realise I wasn't the only one hurting from this, but I bet Emily knew. I can't believe I was being so selfish and ignorant.

"I like words." I admit. I feel Brandon's arms pull my body closer to his. The familiar warmth encasing me all over again.

Brandon looks directly into my eyes, but they flicker to my lips a couple of times. I ended his lust by standing on my tip toes and pecking his lips. This time we'll do it the proper way, even if he is the badboy who almost made me shit myself the first time I came face to face with him, he can still learn to love.

But just as I was about to separate, a key is quickly turned and the front door opens before I could react - we're officially walked in on. I quickly take my lips off his and take a step back.

"Woah, Karella you never told me you have a boyfriend!" My father exclaims, inspecting Brandon with his cautious eyes.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath but Brandon hears it and couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

He grabs my arm and pulls my back to his hard chest, wrapping his arms around my neck, all in front of the man who donated his sperm to my mother.

"That's because we only started dating sir." Brandon so boldy announces, losing his virgin blushes.

Dad looks taken aback and finally closes the door. He tells Brandon and I to follow him and leads us to the living room.

He makes us sit down on a sofa, with a great distance between us, and gets ready to learn every detail about Brandon. Honestly he's so protective, but you can't blame him - he already lost the other most important women in his life.

I can't keep in my laughter right now so I burst out laughing at this awkward situation. Both men turn to look at me and that only makes me laugh more so I fall off the sofa and double over.

"Just ignore her." Dad says as he prepares his first question. "What's you name?" He asks Brandon, while I'm laughing in the background.

"Brandon Taylor, I'm in the same year and school as Karella." He informs.

My dad continues eyeing Brandon and that just makes me continue my painful laughter, but laughter is the best medicine after all right?

Suddenly someone's stomach rumbled and I look at Brandon first who's looking at me (how rude) - then we both turn to dad and he just sheepishly smiles.

"How about we get some food kids?" My dad suggests.

I get up from the floor and stand next to my true love, who towers over me.

"Can we eat out?" I ask him giving him a sweet smile.

"You get yourself a boyfriend without telling me and now you ask if you can eat out?" He looks at me in disbelief, I make my lips into a pout and see Brandon grin at me and dad through the corner of my eye. "Alright Bubblegum." He says hugging me, showing Brandon whose I really am.

"You want to join us Brandon?" Dad asks smiling at him, probably using his fatherly senses to tell that he's a good fish from the sea.

"I'd love to Mr Carlo." He replies politely.

But like in movies where the father says "Oh please, call me..." my dad didn't say that. He just looked at Brandon pleased.

***

After grabbing some delicious dinner, we somehow ended up outside the best ice cream parlour in town.

"What are you ordering Karella?" Dad and Brandon question simultaneously, only causing me to erupt into laughter and them to fidget awkwardly.

"I don't know." I mutter looking through the menu as we sit in our booth.

"How about bubblegum?" Brandon questions, this only makes dad look at me and will for me to say yes - he must know why I've stopped consuming bubbleum ice cream.

It takes a moment for me to make up my mind, but you only live once.

What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Xx Ash