Chapter 7 - Hiccup

Written by Foxhound15

Chapter 7 - Hiccup

I ran outside, looking for Jack. I ran into the forest and stood in the clearing in the forest. I cupped my hands over my mouth yelling, "Jack!!" There was no reply and I yelled again, "Jack!!" I still did not get a reply. I fell onto my knees and I started to cry. He left me and didn't even say goodbye. Who does that? I swear that if I ever see him again, the first thing I will do is speak up my mind. I hate him and I never want to see him again. Did Jack leave me for someone else? Was there a girl waiting for him that I didn't know about? I need to start living my life and I need to forget about Jack. I hate him. "Hiccup?" Astrid said as she hugged me, "It's okay, calm down." I sobbed into her shoulder and I kissed her. She was surprised at first, but then she accepted it. We kissed for a while, until it got cold and we went inside.

~Ten years later...... ~

It was a clear blue day for flying. Today I had a date with the most beautiful girl in my life and she has been through everything with me. The time I introduced dragons to the people of Burk and till now. "Hiccup where are we going?" she asked annoyed as we walked to our dragons. I sighed saying, "It's a surprise Astrid. It's our one year anniversary of being together right?" "You remembered?!" she turned to me surprised, "Most boys don't remember these things." The truth really was that if I didn't remember, Astrid would probably kill me. We flew off on our dragons to the island were Toothless and I had already set up the picnic date. When we got to the island, Astrid followed me to where we would eat. When we got there she stood there amazed. A candle was in the middle of the stump with a table cloth underneath it. "This is for our anniversary?" she asked and I nodded as I got ready to be beaten up by Astrid for the worst picnic ever. "I love it!" she said hugging me. Astrid hugged me so tight, I thought I was going to be suffocated to death. Then she stopped hugging me and ran over to the table to eat. I followed her and started serving us our meal.

After our meal, We talked for a while. Then I said, "Astrid, I made you something for our anniversary." I took out a pendant saying, "I tried to make you something and in hope you like it." It was a pendant with a small metal dragon on it. She smiled saying, "It looks beautiful. When did you have time to make it?" "That's not important," I said laughing and she took it from me and put it on. "How do I look?" She asked and I smiled saying, "You look amazing." She got up saying, "I better get going." "Why?!" I asked alarmed and she answered, "My father wants me to be home soon." She mounted her dragon and left us there and she didn't even say goodbye. Toothless and I looked up at the evening sky and I talked to Toothless, but he didn't pay attention. He was staring at the forest far away from us. The trees rustled in the wind and I didn't hear anything. Toothless started to get antsy and he started to growl at the trees. "It's okay Toothless," I said trying to calm him down. Dragons had better hearing than humans, so I knew that there was something wrong. I looked at the forest and I noticed the leaves start to shake. I walked closer, when someone pounced on me.