~Six~

When morning comes the group tries to get all the dead together to burn them. Grace refuses to leave Daryl's side, even going as far as holding onto his jeans like a little kid. No matter what Daryl does she refuses to let go. "Dad, she's just scared because of last night." Nate tells him, his eyes all baggy from having no sleep.

"Kid go take a break, you're exhausted." Daryl says. Nate has been helping him destroy the brains in the bitten all morning.

"I'm fine-

"Grace, go with your brother. He'll keep an eye on you, okay?"

"Dadd-

"It's going to be okay, Gracie." Daryl says, crouching down to look at his daughter. "Nothing's going to happen. Nate will protect you, but I need to work. Go with Nate." She nods and goes to Nate, holding her arms up. Nate picks her up and holds her in his arms.

"Dad, I can help-

"You'll be helping by watching your sister. I know I promised to take care of her and let you be a kid, but for now I need you to do this for me." Nate sighs, but manages to nod as he carries his sister to the fire pit where Amy sat.

"You look awful." Amy says, causing Nate to sigh.

"I know."

"Thank you." Nate glances at her with a confused look. "Thank you for doing what you did. For saving me. It means a lot."

"I would have done it for anyone."

"No you wouldn't." Nate glances over at Amy as she said that. "I doubt you'd do that for Shane."

"There's always an exception." Amy smiles and looks at the fire pit.

"Still..... thanks." He nods and the two fall silent. "Hey, Nate?" He glances over at her as his sister falls to sleep in his arms.

"Hmmm?"

"About before...." Nate falls silent as he looks at the ground.

"We can forget it happened if you want....."

"Is that what you want?" Nate looks over at Amy as she stares him. 

"No."

"Neither do I."

"We don't burn them!" Nate and Amy both turn upon hearing Glenn's yell. Nate can see Morales and Daryl had been trying to bring one of the people that used to be in the group to the fire. "We bury them. Understand? Our people go in that row over there." Nate shakes his head as he looks back at the fire.

"It's only right." Amy says.

"Yeah, but my dad's going to pitch a fit." As if right on cue....

"You reap what you sow."

"That's-

"Merle never came back, Amy. He ran off. My dad's hurting, not that he'd let anyone know, this is his way of dealing." Nate says.

"You know, what? Shut up, man."

"Y'all left my brother for dead." Nate shakes his hand as he stands up. "You had this coming."

"I'm going to go see if Dale will let my sister sleep in the RV." He says to Amy.

"You should get some sleep." Amy says.

"I'm okay."

"Nate-

"I'll be fine." Nate carries his sister over to where Dale stands working on his RV. "Can I lay my sister down in the rv. She's exhausted."