Chapter 1

Song: Frozen - Joyner Lucas

Pain.

That's all I felt when the car crashed and flipped, crashing onto the dirt over and over again.

Me, my mom, my dad, my little brother Caleb, and my best friend Rachel, were coming back from Mexico. School had gotten out a few months ago and we were going on the Big vacation my parents had planned.

My parents wouldn't tell us where we were going, all they said was 'it's a surprise.' My moms dad had just died. He had died in his sleep.

My mom was depressed and my dad had decided that we needed a distraction. My dads parents never really talked to him, he never explained why. We never really even met them. Now that I think about it he's never even mentioned them before. Anyway, my moms mom had died a few years ago, due to a heart attack.

We had had fun, but then it was time to return to Beacon Hills. Rachel, my best friend that I was telling you about, came along. At first I told her it was a family thing, but my mom and dad said that she could come as long as her parents agreed.

Her parents said no, but she snuck out and then told my parents that her parents said it was okay. We kept laughing and telling each other to be quiet so that my parents wouldn't catch us.

Now I'm wishing that they did.

I slowly open my heavy eyes. I reach my shaky hand up to my head and feel blood, it was running down my face. I start to panic. I look over to Rachel, since we are in the way back seat, her eyes are wide open and she's looking at me, but she isn't breathing or moving.

The car is flipped so that it's on its side. I was about to crawl over the seat that was next to my brother. Tears started to come to my eyes. He on the seat sideways and there was a big gash in his chest and he wasn't moving either.

I didn't see my mom and dad in the front seat so I crawled out of the car. When I did I saw my dad against a tree. I walked over there.

"Dad?"I said my breath shaky. I touched his shoulder and walked around the tree to get a better look at him. I gasped backing away. He had a small tree branch through his leg and his chest and his head was hanging low.

 He had a small tree branch through his leg and his chest and his head was hanging low

I looked around frantically when I spotted my mom. I ran over to her sliding on the ground until I was right beside her. She, thankfully, was breathing. But her breaths were shaky as if anyone of them could be her last.

"Mom?"I asked putting both my hands on both sides of her face. Tears were sliding out of her eyes. She put her hand on my face, something wet was on her hand while she was touching my face. I pulled her hand away and looked at it.