XXXIV

1 Week Later.

"Hi, you've reached Niall Horan. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep."

"Hey, Ni." I say through the phone. "I don't know how many times I can tell you that I am sorry! You were right, you've made my life hell without you being here! I told myself that I wouldn't be the psycho ex girlfriend that leaves you voicemails everyday, but I just.." I sigh, not really knowing what to say. He's not going to answer my calls. He never has, so why am I even trying this hard? "I just want to hear your voice again. I got fired the other day and now I have no idea how I'm going to pay the bills.

"I was too upset to go to work, but I did anyway and I costed someone their life.. I don't know how I can live with myself after that..

"Abby said I can move in with her, but I don't know. Ever since you said we kissed, things just seem awkward between Abby and I. I haven't told her that I know about the kiss and everything because I just don't want to lose another person. Another friend.

"Things seem okay between the two of us, though. I might move back in with my mom, though. She said that she could get me another job, since she's a doctor. But I really like New York. I just don't want to work at McDonalds."

Tears fall down my face as I realize that I'm pouring my heart out for nothing.

"I'm gonna go. I'm sorry for waisting the room in your inbox. And I'm so sorry for what I did. Bye, Niall."

Voicemail #5

"Hey, Ni." I say to no one over the phone. "I moved in with Abby a couple of days ago.. Her place is roomier than my old place and it just feels weird. She has a dog and he keeps me company when I'm lonely.

"These voicemails are stupid. It's not like you even listen to them, so they're just pointless. But at the back of my head, my mind just keeps telling me that you will listen to them sometime soon. I haven't eaten much since you left. I just completely lost my appetite. I've probably lost a good five pounds within the past two weeks of you being gone.

"Abby doesn't cook as often as I used to. She always eats out. She also got a boyfriend whose name is Gabe. He's nice, but everytime I see them together I can't help but think of us.."

Voicemail #7

"Hey, Niall. Abby let me get a puppy. Her name is Chloe. She's a little Black Lab, German Shepherd, and Pitbull mix. She's so cute. It's been horrible trying to housebreak her, but I'm managing.

"Abby and her boyfriend broke up last night. They had a fight and he left saying that it wasn't working out. I was in the opposite room and after he left, I could hear Abby crying. So I dragged myself over to her room and comforted her.

"She didn't get up to go to school today and she's just been laying in bed all day. But I can't blame her. I haven't done much since you left either."

Voicemail #10

"Abby found out that she was pregnant this morning. She bawled her eyes out and refused to call the dad. She made an appointment to get an abortion later this week.

"I don't like her getting an abortion, but you should see her. She's so broken. But, it's her choice. I can't help but notice that when I look at her, I feel like I'm staring into a mirror. She keeps her weight though. She's not as stupid as me."

Voicemail #12

"Hey, Niall. I got a job at a Starbucks today. They said I was to start tomorrow. I'm kind of excited, but I can't help but feel as though it'll be a bit boring. I moved to New York for the excitement, not for the Starbucks.

"Abby seems to be back to normal. She had her abortion yesterday and she almost seems relieved. Last night, we sat in the living room and watched the Rugrats movie. I've never seen the movie before and I couldn't help but drink a little in the previews. I refused to drink more then a couple of beers because I didn't want to lose my memory again and lose Abby over something that was my fault like I lost you.

"It felt good to let loose again. Though, I don't know why Abby picked the movie. I think she's secretly having withdrawal problems from her baby but is trying real hard not to let me notice.."

Voicemail #16

"Lately, I've been having really bad thoughts. I've been thinking about killing myself, and it's really bad. I went to the doctors and he prescribed me anti depressants, but the pills don't seem to be working. Abby has been pretty quiet and I haven't really seen her much.

"Things have been really going down hill for the both of us. She goes to parties and everything now with the rest of the college people, instead of spending time with me, like she used to. She comes home early every Saturday and Sunday, drunk off her ass.

"I don't say anything about it, though. I've been really good at being a barista at Starbucks and I even got a promotion the other day. Thirty three cents more! Woo hoo!

"I met this girl there. Her name is Tammy. She is really nice and we went shopping the other day together. She has a couple of kids and is a single mom, but she still seems to have time to hang out with friends.

"I really miss being a paramedic, though. I think that's part of my reason of being depressed and shit. That and of, course still missing you.."