Real life

Jonah

We walked in to Becca's house. The music was blaring and there was a lot of people. To be honest, I didn't know she had that many friends, like I knew she had a lot, but not this many.

I saw her and Christina talking to some people. I called Corbyn over and the other boys went to the food.

'They're over there' I shouted to Corbyn over the music. He nodded in response and we walked over.

Becca saw us and left her friends to come talk.

'Hey! Glad you could come!' She yelled. I gave her a quick kiss.

'Come dance!' She shouted and took my hand. We danced for ages, and I was secretly waiting for a slow song. We were about to go on tour, and I wasn't going to see her for a month, and I hadn't told her yet.

Finally a slow song came on and I pulled her in and we slowly danced.

'You know, I have something to tell you' I looked down at her.

'Oh yeah? What's that?' She looked up.

'Me and the boys, we're going on tour for a month' I said.

Her faced dropped, but then turned to a smile.

'I'm sad that I'm not going to see you for a while, but that is so amazing! Tour!' She hugged me.

'I'm really happy for you' she smiled

'Thanks' I was glad she felt that way.

///

Soon it was time for presents. She opened everyone's present and the one from the boys and I was last. Little did she know I had something special.

'From your bros' she read the tag and smiled up at us. She opened it to reveal a necklace that said Becca on it.

'Aw you guys' she gave us all a hug.

'Thanks to all of you for the presents, I really didn't need any-'

I interrupted her.

'Wait, you still have one more left' I handed her the envelope. She stared at me with a happy confused face. She started to open the envelope. The music stopped.

She read out the card.

'Dear Becca, happy birthday babe! You made it to the big 19.
I love you more than you can imagine and I am still blown away that your mine. I think about you everyday, and wish I could be with you every second'

She looked up with tears forming in her eyes. I came over and put my arm around her.

'Keep reading' I encouraged

'You are the most beautiful, talented, smart (this card wouldn't fit all your qualities) girl I know and have ever met.
See that tissue paper in the envelope? That has something in it. Go open it' 

She wipes away a tear, and hands me the card so she can open the the item.

She opens it to reveal a ring.

'Jonah! It's beautiful' she gives me a kiss.

I laugh

'Keep reading!' I say and hand the card back to her. She hands me the ring and continues to read aloud.

'See the ring? This ring is temporary. It symbolises my promise to marry you once we're old enough. It shows that you are taken, and it shows my loves for you. I'll take it off you when I finally work up the courage to propose, until then, it's yours.
Love Jonah'

'Oh my god!' She collapsed into my arms and started crying happily.

'I love you' she mumbled into my shoulder.

'I love you too' I whispered.

The people around us went silent.

'That's the cutest thing I've ever seen' Corbyn said fake crying and breaking the silence.

We both laughed. This night was so special.