The First Angel

It was almost winter break of my sophomore year of high school and I was finally used to the new me. I didn't have a boyfriend, but I definitely was close with a few guys. Freshman year flew by without anything interesting happening, but I definitely was bothered by all the bullying that went out. The summer following freshman year consisted mostly of going to the beach, sunbathing, partying, and hanging out with my best friend, Alex. Sophomore year started up and I got my license on September 17 and Alex got his the day after on his birthday.

It now was December and winter break was quickly approaching. It was a typical thursday and I was in fourth hour honors chemistry when I excused myself from class to use the bathroom. Chemistry was a blowoff class for me. My teacher, Mr. Grieves, was a suspected drug addict and he didn't know how to teach. I walked down the hall and was about to turn the corner that leads to the bathroom,when I heard someone slam up against a locker. I rushed around and saw a petite blond pushed up against a locker. Holding her was this "druggie" girl, Blair.

"Stop it!" I said, rushing over to save the blond.

"Ha ha. What are you going to do? Tell on me?" Blair smirked.

I pushed Blair off the defenseless girl. "Get lost." I said trying to sound intimidating.

She shot me a dirty look, "Whatever," and walked down the hall.

The blonds nose was bleeding. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, t-thanks." She seemed shaken up.

"Here let's go in the bathroom." I urged her.

In the bathroom I tried my best to clean her up. We got the blood off her and I fix her hair.

"Thanks again," She said composing herself, "Oh and I'm Paige."

"Alice." I said smiling sweetly. We walked out of the bathroom.

"How did you do it?"

"Do what?" I replied.

"Transform yourself. I mean last year you were a loser, like me, and now you're so pretty and popular. Yet, you're still smart and nice. Definitely nice." She answered.

"Well I just got sick of being bullied and I thought that maybe I could stop the bullying if I were pretty and um less of a target..." i instantly regretted my possibly offensive words.

"No I get what you mean, I just don't know how I could do that." She didn't seem the least bit offended.

An idea sparked in my head, "Are you doing anything after school?" I smiled a devious smile.

"Alice Brook wants to give me a makeover..." Paige thought aloud.

I had just asked her if she wanted me to give her a complete makeover and transform her just like I had done to myself. New look, new wardrobe, and whole new personality.

"I'm in." Paige quickly responded.

"When should we do this?" I asked, "Winter break! It's perfect, it will give me lots of time to work on you."

"Let's do this." She smiled.