Say Something I'm Giving Up On You

Author’s Notes: Okay you know the drill I do not own Twilight or any of the characters! Also I am using the name Ashley Lomeli in this story as well just because I like it. Well on with the story!

Say Something I’m Giving up on you

Chapter 1: Fresh Start

‘Out of all the cities and towns in the country why on earth did they send me here?’

            Ashley saw through the car window at a sign stating that she was now in Forks; she grimaced at the fact that she would now be living in a town named after silverware. “Ashley don’t look so gloomy. You have to put on your best face when you meet your new family.” said the male social worker.

“David I've gone through this same routine for nearly eleven years. You already know I never consider any one of these houses as home and I will never consider these people as family. It’s the same with these people; I’ll always be another number and another big check.” said Ashley.

“Look you need to understand that these families are trying their best to give you a good home but you have to at least meet them halfway. You have to stop acting out and pushing them away or no family is ever going to want you.”

            The car slowed down as they pulled into the parking lot of a hospital; both of them got out the car and Ashley looked up at the building in confusion. “Wow David really my next home is a mental hospital? I didn’t think I was that messed up.”

“You are hilarious Ashley but no were here to visit Dr. Cullen since he knows this whole town and also we’ll have to inform him of your medical history. You should know the routine by now.”

“I don’t see why everybody needs to know my business. It’s just a heart murmur not like I have cancer or anything like that.”

“But at least if you are ever brought in here he’ll know what is wrong and what to do.”

            Ashley gave in and let the social worker lead her into the hospital; there she saw who she assumed was Dr. Cullen. She took a good look at him and realized now that she needed to be cautious around him. David called out to the calm doctor and began to introduce himself and motioned for her to introduce herself as well.

“Carlisle this is Ashley: she will be under the care of sheriff Swan.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you Ashley; I believe you’ll find out little town to be very charming.” said Carlisle.

“Sure doc as long as I keep to myself and no one bothers me I will be fine.” She said as she began walking back to the car.

When her hand touched the car door she saw a guy running towards the tiny hospital: he had no shirt on and was wearing shorts. Without realizing it he accidentally knocked her over; he quickly tried to pick her up but ended up dropping her to the ground. Becoming tired of being dropped on the ground she looked up to yell at him but then saw the look in his eyes; his eyes were wide with surprise but then began to soften again. She faintly heard him say something under his breath something along the lines of ‘how could this be happening again’.