Chapter 14:The Hunter Becomes the Hunted

Ashley felt her fear rising and there was something deep inside wanting to come out. The hunter had pulled out an oddly shaped knife and traced it down her arm. "To think my grandfather was right about you guys all these years. They wrote him off as crazy and that you guys were creatures of myths. Well now I have actual proof, but the problem is I cannot kill you. However I do need something as a trophy to my grandfather who had taught me everything about your kind. Maybe I can take your little tail as a prize even though you have only one. That means that you're still fairly young which makes you all the more rare. Heck even a vial of your blood will make me millions. He unbound her left arm and held a tight grip on it knowing well that she would try to escape. He took the knife and made a slash along her wrist. She screamed at the pain and scarlet blood began to flow. To the naked eye it was red but up close one could see there were streaks of silver. From what the hunter was taught as a kitsune gains more tails their blood goes from silver to gold. It is said that any amount of blood with gold in it could bring someone back to life, but it was just a myth since there were no sightings of any nine-tailed kitsunes.

With his new vampire status the hunter was suddenly struck by the luxurious scent of her blood and his hunger grew. The ring was glowing at this point meaning it was at maximum power to yield his newborn hunger. He lifted her wrist up to his nose and inhaled the intoxicating scent. Then without hesitation he planted lips on the wound and began to drink the warm sweet liquid flowing from her veins. His eyes popped opened as he tasted her blood and any pain or emotions he was feeling were gone and all he wanted was to indulge himself with the sweet nectar.

She struggled against him but he held her in place and soon she didn't have the strength to struggle anymore. That feeling deep inside of her was getting stronger and she could feel it start to pulsate within her chest. He wouldn't stop feeding from her and at that point he didn't care that he would be killed afterwards. He would happily die with the memory of such a sweet reward.

His feast was soon interrupted as he was thrashed into a large nearby rock. He looked up and saw what looked like a giant wolf. He growled in anger at the loss of his meal, "You just had to get in the way mutt!" He lunged at Jacob but was easily slammed into the ground.

While Jacob was dealing with the hunter David was getting rid of the chains knowing that it was the cause of her fatigue along with her blood loss. When she was freed she collapsed on to David. He lowered her slowly to the ground and tried to hide her from the hunter's sight. He went into the battlefield as well and he was more than ready to shift. He growled at the hunter and lunged at him but Jacob got in front of him. "This is my fight! Don't interfere!"

"Look pup this is more than just you now. If we want this guy to suffer we both need to fight!"

"She is my responsibility! So it's my job to make sure he pays!"

The hunter took full advantage of Jacob turning his back to him and charged at him full throttle. His ability was the same as Edward's so he could read their minds and know their strategies. He tackled Jacob to the ground and he dug his fangs into Jacob causing him to cry out. The cry echoed through the forest and where Ashley was laying her eyebrows creased in pain as the pulsing grew louder. She curled up in a tight ball from the pain and then she heard Jacob whine is pain. Her eyes shot open on this time they were not gold they had gone completely white. There was no sign of any pupils almost as if she was possessed by something. Her fangs grew longer as well as her claws.

The hunter was currently in battle with David who was starting to stagger from injuries as well fatigue. He fell to the ground and felt like he couldn't get back up. The hunter was above him getting ready to strike the killing blow when all of a sudden he could hear someone else's thoughts. He figured it was the kitsune waking up which he felt would make it easier for him to find her. His confidence was quickly swept away and replaced with fear as he could now hear the thoughts clearly repeating the word 'kill' over and over again.