Chapter 13: Trapped

Author's notes: Well guys here is another chapter after a few months of silence from me. Sorry for such a late update but I'm in my last year of college and it is complete madness. However I will do my best to keep this story going.

Say Something I'm Giving Up On You

Chapter 13: Trapped

Ashley woke up in her bed the next morning and her alarm was blaring. She groaned remembering that she was supposed to cover the flower shop this morning. The owner said that she had an important doctor's appointment that morning. Since she is currently living with Charlie the owner thought she could trust her enough to run the shop. She did her normal morning routine and proceeded to the flower shop. She never worked in a flower shop so hopefully it's not too crazy and that they don't need her to make any professional decisions.

She found the spare key and opened up the store. The owner allowed her to make a few small bouquets so she went to go and look for some flowers to make bouquets out of. She was in the middle of a bouquet when she heard the little bell jingle from the front door. She went to the front of the store and saw a man wearing a long black coat and sunglasses looking at the flowers. "Hello! Welcome to the Secret Garden! Can I help you with something today?" He turned to look at her and removed his shades showing his red eyes. She saw them and wasn't really surprised mainly because he probably bought colored lens off the internet.

"Hello I am here looking for a gift for my wife."

"Oh that's sweet. What's the occasion?"

"Nothing special I just finished up a meeting here and I wanted to pick a nice gift for her just because."

"That's so beautiful. Okay well we have some bouquets right here that are very popular among the locals."

"Which one of these do you like?" She looked at all of the flowers and none of them screamed love to her. She felt bad because she knew the owner spent a lot of time to make these bouquets perfect. She excused herself and went into the back to where all of the flowers were at and came out with a blue, white, and a small amount of purple bouquet.

"Now when everyone thinks romance they think of red roses or just any kind of rose. Now I am assuming that you and your wife have been together for quite a while so a rose is too basic for such a lasting love. Here I have a combination of lilies, African Violets, and some local wild flowers. I usually prefer local flowers because they really capture the beauty of the area."

His eyes flashed as she described the flowers. He smiled politely and accepted the bouquet and then she went behind the counter to calculate the total cost. He paid the total amount and gave a generous tip for the great service. When she handed him the bouquet he briefly touched her hand and she felt a cold electrical surge through her hand. What she didn't see was the look on his face when received not only her thoughts but her memories too. His smile grew when she flinched and drew her hand away. "What a beautiful necklace you have. Where might I find one like that?"

"I'm not sure. I've had this necklace since I can remember. Maybe you can look in an antique store?" She was beginning to feel uneasy about the guy and wanted him out as soon as possible. The man eventually left and she was able to breathe a sigh of relief. The air felt cold even though the thermostat was set to 80 to keep some of the flowers warm. Her hand was still tingling and her necklace was feeling warm. She felt like taking it off but there was a voice in the back of her head saying 'don't take it off unless you want to face the consequences.'

On the other side of town at the hospital Aro had arrived with the new bouquet in hand. Carlisle had just finished with his last patient of the morning and decided to walk the grounds before the next round starts and he sensed Aro was near. He turned and saw him standing there with flowers in his hand. "Aro it's been a while. What brings you to our humble town?"