3: Meeting

Garroth's POV:

I sat on my desk, reading emails from friends or other things that were completely useless to me. Father was still getting ready for work. Thankfully.

I was about to walk out until I got a text from my buddy Dante.

Yo, bro! Just wanted to say hi and see what's up.

Nothing much. Waiting my Dad for work. How about you?

Texting in class, lol!

OMI, you're so immature...

Haha!

Hey, gotta go. My Dad is knocking on my door.

K. Good luck, Gar.

"Ready Garroth," My Father asked.

"Are you sure you're ready," I asked, noticing that my father was only wearing a t-shirt and pants.

"Yeah. We're not going to the offices today," He told me.

"Why," I asked.

He smiled and motioned me to follow.

•••

We pulled up at the park. I was immediately confused. We never came here.

"Come on. We can't keep him waiting," My Dad says, guiding me to the top of the hill.

"Who," I asked.

He didn't answer, just smiled and let me follow. I groaned as we walked to the top. I was confused at first, I saw no one but a brunette boy, looking at his phone. The odd part about him was, was that he dressed like he was from some medieval fest.

"That's him," Dad said.

I was still confused. He didn't look like some in turn or employ at the company. Heck, he looked like some tourist.

We walked to him and he finally looked up from his phone. He smiled...forcefully. He probably hired by my Dad for me to hang out with...he did that once, by the way.

"Ah, you must be Mr. Zvahl," My Father said with a smile, letting a hand out.

"Laurance will do, Mr. Ro'Meave," The brunette said, taking his hand.

I had enough.

"Okay, what's going on," I asked.

"Oh, right! Sorry Garroth," My Father chuckled. "This is Laurance. Laurance, this is my son, Garroth. He'll be the one you'll protect."

Laurance took it in like he was okay with this. Me on the other hand, had a whole other opinion.

"Dad! A guard," I asked, getting annoyed. "I can defend myself just fine."

Laurance didn't really react but, seemed interested on what I had to say.

"No offense to you," I say, sincerely. "You look like you could but, Father, I'm a grown man."