13: The Date

Laurance's POV:

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!"

"Cadenza! Shhh," Cloud says, trying to quiet her down.

"I'm sorry it's just my little baby brother's first date!"

"You don't need to say that part out loud," I say, blushing a bit from embarrassment. "But, yeah. I'm happy you're excited about it."

"Are you excited about it," Cloud asked.

"O-Of course I am! I'm just...nervous."

I explained to them what has been happening and how dangerous it could be to act like a couple in public.

"You should tell Chad about this. He would be able to send out other guards to retrieve Gene," Cloud told me.

"That would risk Gene telling them about our relationship. In the end, I would be taken away from Garroth."

"I see..."

Cloud stood on the kitchen table and announced in a dramatic, Shakespearian tone;

"You must proclaim your love to him! Let the towers, the churches, the homes, and bakeries hear each loving word! Let his heart flutter like the beats of a butterfly's wings! Let his eyes sparkle like the stars in the night sky! Let the bird in the air sing to the rhythms of the song that your heart sings! Let-"

"Okay! He gets the picture!"

"Oh, sorry..."

After hearing that, it made my confidence shrink. From the way Cloud said it, it sounded...perfect. I wanted to make Garroth happy and loved. All I was planning to do was take him to dinner!

"Cad! I need your help!"

•••

I rang his doorbell. I had a casual outfit on and told Garroth the same. I had a single flower, a blue orchid to be exact in my hand.
The door opened, seeing Garroth wearing a black t-shirt and a blue flannel. He wore light ripped jeans with vans shoes.

"You look good," I say, smirking.

"Same to you," He says, blushing a bit.

I gave him the orchid and he seemed surprised.

"What," I asked, chuckling at his reaction.

"It's just...I wasn't expecting this," He says, holding the flower gently.

"The gift? Do you not like it," I asked, worried already.

"W-What!? No! I love it! I just have never received a present on a date before," He says, fiddling with his fingers.

I took a sigh of relief but, looked lovingly into his eyes.

"Well, this won't be like any other date you've been on."

He blushed and I take his hand to lead him to our first destination.

•••

"What's this," He asked, looking at the scenery.

We were at a park. There was a table there with willow trees shading it, over looking a small pond. A breakfast was set up there.

"Breakfast!"

"Aw, it's looks gorgeous!"

We sat down and started enjoying our meal. IHOP crêpes to be exact.

"This park looks familiar..," He whispered to himself. "Why did you choose this park?"

"Because," I say, smiling. "It's the place we first met, silly!"

He went wide eyed.

"Oh, really!? Geez, I'm such a great boyfriend!"