Chapter 2: The Meeting

~ Chris POV ~

When I had gone to the corner cafe, I saw him. It was really him. I thought he had walked out of life and was never coming back. He must want something for showing up here.

"Kris." I scowled at him.

"Ah, brother. Long time no see. Come, have a seat and we'll have a little chat." He said smoothly like he hadn't done anything wrong in the past.

"No. Why would I want to talk to you? You betrayed us!"

"Why, brother. What makes you think such a cruel thing?" He asked me. As if he didn't already know.

~ A few years ago in Blue Sky . . . ~

"Kris? Where are you going? Why are you packed up? Are you leaving? When are you coming back?" I asked him all at the same time.

"I'm leaving. I'm never coming back."

"What why?" I asked, confused

"Kris! It's time to go!" A familiar looking guy came into the room.

"Who are you?" I asked, confusion written all over my face.

The man cleared his throat and said "You didn't tell him? You didn't tell him you were leaving him to join us? That you were never---"

Kris interrupted before he could finish. "I'm just going to go on a trip, Chris. Don't you worry about me." He smiled, but I knew he was lying.

"You're such a liar! You're never coming back are you? I never want to see you ever again!" I ran. I ran until I was far enough from him. I saw a door so I opened it and ran inside to go cry in a corner.

That was the last time I had ever seen him.

~ Present ~

I snapped out of my flashback. "You left us to go with those... people! You know they're no good!"

"Oh, Chris. That was in the past. That doesn't matter anymore."

"Doesn't matter? Doesn't matter?! You don't know how much you hurt us! Mom and Dad were worried and you never said a word to them before you had left!"

He scoffed at me and said "I was just here to ask for a deal, but since you won't listen, I guess I'm just going to have to do this the hard way..."

"What kind of deal are we talking about here and what would you do if I didn't agree with you?"

"I want you to hand over the girl to me." He told me with no hesitation.

"The girl? You mean Angela? Why?" I asked.

"Ah, so her name is Angela. What a beautiful name."

"Stop changing the subject!" I yelled.

"She's a special girl. She will be very useful to us."

"What do you mean by special?" I asked, emphasizing the "special".

"You don't need to know that."

"Whatever the reason, I wouldn't hand her over anyway!" I yelled at him getting very angry with his vagueness.

He made a face as if he was thinking hard about something. "I knew you would be of no help. I'll just get her another way. We'll meet again someday, brother. Goodbye for now." And he just disappeared. He didn't even bother to check to see if anyone was looking. He could have exposed magic!

Oops. Did I forget to mention we have powers? Oh, my bad. We long story short. I was born in a family of a magical blood line. We all have our own set of unique powers that we aren't supposed to use outside of Blue Sky, but I suppose Kris isn't someone who follows the rules.

I started walking to my car and driving home wondering what Kris's other plan was. I don't even know what his real power is. He didn't stay long enough for me to find out. I'll probably have to go stalk Angela again from now on so I can keep a good eye on her hoping that Kris does nothing to hurt the poor girl. If he scared her, she'll probably get scared of me and I won't be able to get back home until I find her. My parents would be so mad at me for failing a job. I really don't want to experience that ever again, especially now that I'm older. They could like lock me a cell or even worse, they could kick me out of the house! No, no, no! I have got to stop thinking so negatively about everything. Everything is going to turn out fine. All I have to do is get Angela to come home with and then everything will be fine!

I parked my car in the garage and walked into my house. I really should stop worrying so much, maybe once I sleep and wake up tomorrow I will feel better. I hope tomorrow turns out well. Once I had gotten into my room I decided I wasn't going to bed like this, so I went into the bathroom to take a shower before bed. I also brushed my teeth and changed into my sleeping wear. Now I'm ready for bed. I'm as tired as ever. I looked at the clock and it read 11:45 p.m. It was getting really late. I have to get up early tomorrow to start on my secret mission, well more like a plan, but secret mission sounds better so we'll go with that.

That was when I remembered, my parents were having a ball next month. Why hadn't I thought of that before? I could just make an invitation magically appear in her home saying that I invited her so when she gets back she can open it and maybe she'll come knocking on my door asking me what it is. When that happens, all I have to do is a little convincing and BAM! I will be able to take her back home to Blue Sky with me, mission accomplished.

I've really got to stop thinking so much tonight and just get myself to go to sleep already. Turning to the clock once again, it read 12:00 a.m. I can't believe I've been thinking about this for so long! Groaning, I started walking towards my bed, longing to get under the covers.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like it? Yes no? Please comment me on what you though about this chapter. It would really help! (: