Chapter Two

Jason

Poor Nico. Trying to make it seem like he hates Percy when, in reality, all he wants to do is be a cheesy ass boyfriend.

Percy

He's gotten hotter since I last saw him, what the hell. This isn't okay. I didn't deem this to be okay.

Yeah, shut up. I'm bisexual, deal with it. I like Nico, and it's going to be the death of me after breaking up with Annabeth literally 10 minutes ago after she called me, bitching and moaning over some stupid thing. I just don't care anymore. All she does is complain about things that actually aren't that bad.

So we finally broke up.

And now I have high hopes. But between being terrified to come out and being terrified of rejection, it'll never happen unless Nico is gay or something and a miracle happens.

But I've gotten used to it, and I made sure you couldn't tell that my stomach was going to explode because of those stupid butterflies.

I got what I normally get, a double cheeseburger basket with a water, and went to sit next to them. Just sitting next to Nico. Who uh...

There was something off about him today.

He wasn't hating on me. He wasn't being nice. But he wasn't giving me the normal glares or stare downs or the remarks.

At first, as I talked to Jason, he was silent. Jason told me he was catching Nico up, he wasn't saying at camp, either.

"Got it." I remarked, as that made more sense now. I just didn't think they'd really click as friends. But maybe they did, I don't know. "So what's wrong with you?"

"What?" Nico asked, as if something wasn't bugging him. I knew him better than to believe that. Something was up. "I don't always have a problem, Jackson."

"No, you normally do." I reminded him. "At least, you do around me. Where's the glares and the annoyed comments you always make?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Oh my gods."

"Yeah!"

Jason's phone started to ring and he stepped outside.

I guess I've just figured that Nico is always going to hate me. That won't change. I can't do anything to change it. I've tried. It doesn't work.

So I might as well just embrace it. Accept it for what it is.

"But what if I'm not annoyed?" The son of Hades asked me. "Like what would you do if I didn't hate you?"

I actually thought about this question, mind you. I took it seriously.

"Well," I started. "I mean, it depends. Am I just okay or am I the greatest person ever? It depends on how much you've warmed up to me and forgiven me."

He gave me a weird look.

"Forgive you?" He questioned, thinking that sounded off. "What for?"

I shrugged.

"I don't know," I explained. "I mean, to be honest, I could've tried a little harder to be there after you left the first time and you came back to just like keep you there or something. Nothing like... I don't know."

For me liking you. You'll hate me when you find out.

If you ever find out.

Nodding his head, he thought this through for a minute.

"Well then," the son of Hades started. "Probably a good time to clarify that I don't actually hate you."

"You don't?"