Part 7+8

'Ew' I thought in disgust, my arms were caked in the dust/soot. I guess I'll have to wipe myself clean when I can stand and am safe from everything.

I decided to start wiggling my left toes first. I gave them a good wiggle or two before starting to wiggle my right foots toes. Once they got their maximum amount of wiggling in, I started dusting off my left leg using my right arm that I still had hanging in the air. Once it was nice and not as dusty, I switched arms and legs. Now that both of my legs were fairly visible, I started trying to move them.

First, I started with my left leg, slowly but surely bending my knee upwards, toward the....sky? I don't exactly think the word 'sky' is the best way to define it. Maybe ceiling? Roof? Yeah, I'll just call it the roof.

This entire time I made my leg ever so slowly go upwards towards the roof while thinking about what I should call the roof. While thinking about my thinking, my leg reached its bending point where  it wasn't folded but it also wasn't straight. It kinda reminded me of what a mountain should look like, if that was what mountains do look like considering that I don't remember what they look like. It just felt right that a mountain would look like what I was thinking a mountain looked like.

This was very confusing. I started moving my other leg, while thinking that I knew having to explain to myself my own odd way of thinking.

I finally had two mount- legs, I definitely meant legs, pointing their knee caps at the roof. I moved my legs so they would bend and unbend, starting slowly at first but gradually getting faster and faster.

Once I had finished that business, I used my left arm to dust off my face because it felt disgusting and I was very hot under all of the dust/soot. Now I could see clearly because all of the dust/soot messed with the ways my eyes were earlier, I really wasn't squinting or had really small eyes, it was just the dust/soot blocking my vision.

Now for my final task, standing up and running away from whatever caused the lump to scream out for help. I didn't have a lot of energy so I was unable to shoot up as  fast as possible to see if I could feel the air. If there was any air. So instead I went up slow and steady, like unbelievably s l o w.

"p-please......... HELP ME!" I heard that annoying deep voice beg again.

I mentally groaned, considering they were an idiot and should just get up like I was doing. While thinking about how stupid they were being, I realized something. They're making their body wake up in a different way than what I was doing. While I was doing it physically, they were using their vocal chords, waking up their mental state before physical or emotional.

Maybe I was the idiot for not looking at the situation from all angles? Yeah, probably.

As I was thinking about my stupidity, I was slowly moving past halfway of standing fully.

Finally, I was standing. My whole body groaned and ached but I chose to ignore it for now. It felt good to be able to move and see my surroundings. I looked towards the lumps direction. It was the same, except the lump was bigger.

______________________________________________________________

Well you just read a chapter on how to stand up, what are you doing with your life? (It's not like I'm any better, considering I wrote it)
                                               -A