Final Chapter: Hail Queen Ruby

I can't even believe it. Chapter 13. The final chapter. And how convenient that 13 is my favourite number! It would take me eons just to say how grateful I am for all the support I've been given over the process of writing this story. It's been incredible, and I can't thank each and every one of you enough. If you plan on entering my contest related to this story that I announced on YouTube, the deadline is the 2nd of July, so keep at it! 😄

I wanted to say, to make the final part extra special, there is a video below, that when the wedding scene itself starts to the end of the story, if you play the music in the background, it'll make for an awesome experience (believe me, I've tried it)! So give it a go if you wish! I don't own the video AT ALL, all rights go to Lindsey Stirling and Lord of the Rings. 🎵

Also, I'll be starting a brand new ORIGINAL story after this one, named OCeaN BeaT! If you're interested, please do check it out! I hope my original works are as good as my fandom based ones, so I'd love to hear your feedback! 

Thank you all once again!

- Nicky ❤️

Alex's POV

The three of us arrived at the entrance to the throneroom. We saw the tapestries burnt, statues destroyed and Baron lying against a wall. The Magicurl, the one that had gotten us into this mess to start with, was crying over something in the middle of the room. I walked up to them to see... Eryu!

"Sasayaki." My mom said, walking up to them and staring at them sternly. They turned to face her and looked in fear at her.

"Queen Rachel? I-I-" They started.

"Who is that?" My mom interrupted.

"T-Their name is Eryu. They sacrificed their life for me." Sasayaki said through tears. I let my face fall into my hands. Why did they have to be taken so soon? They were good, they were true, they didn't deserve it. I saw a small pool of translucent liquid on the floor underneath them.

"Then they're truly dead." I said softly. Twinkle came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"No! They're- they're alive!" The Queen said, touching a hand to Eryu's chest. My fave lit up. "But not for long. We need to get them to the castle. Only there I can make the remedy. Quickly! The guards will be here any minute!" My mom picked up Eryu and beckoned the three of us to come with her. We ran right out of the castle, unfortunately not without being spotted by the guards. It was a tight chase, through the woods and all the way to the barricaded Kingsland castle. The Baron's guards were also there, surrounding the only way in. We were trapped. There was no other way to go. Suddenly, Sasayaki rose up. They expelled blue flames from their hands that sent the guards running in fear.

"Quickly! In we go! Now!" Sasayaki yelled, as we crawled through the small opening. When we got into the throneroom, we saw Gene and Ruby with my father and the Knights. We had made it.

"Ruby!" I cried, running to her at once.

"Alex, you're safe!" Ruby said, crying into my arms. I stroked my fingers through Ruby's blue locks.

"I had to make it, for you." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Gene and Twinkle having their own little moment too. I smiled. "Oh, Ruby, this is my mother, Queen Rachel." Ruby, Gene and the Knights stared in shock at the Queen, as did my father.

"Why, Rachel? Is it really you?" My father said hopefully.

"Yes, yes it is my dear. I have returned!" I watched my parents finally reunite, standing with all my close friends and embracing my one and only. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sasayaki, trying to leave.