3

For the rest of the day, I am ignored. Ignored by my classmates. Ignored by my teachers. Ignored by my best friends.

If I disappeared, I was sure that absolutely nobody would notice I was gone.

Until...

"Hey, Leia." Leila whispered at me from her seat next to mine. It was hoarse and not that quiet - this forced everyone to whip around in their seats to stare and eavesdrop on our little conversation.

"Yeah?" I replied, feeling massively uncomfortable at the onlooking eyes.

"So, Alexa told me that you met Brook from RoadTrip and, as you should know, I am very close with Rye. You do know that, right?" She asked it as a question, but gave me no time to answer: I didn't know. "Anyway, she told me how you like him loads and that you wanna meet him again. She also said that, Lacey said that, that Millie said that, you said that you would give anything to meet him again. Right?" Wrong. "My advice: don't. He ain't worth it - and, plus, he is Alexa's. Rye said that he would play Cupid and promised me that we could then be the Roadie girlfriend gang. He only asked that, in return, we go to his and make out." I gawped. I couldn't help it. I did not believe that Rye would do that - actually, I could - and I could not understand the fact that Leila said that she knew him in the first place. But, I couldn't get my words out; everyone began to gang up on me.

"Yeah, let Alexa be with him."

"That beauty deserves him."

"You should hook up with the goblin instead."

The worst part was, was that I believed them. Alexa deserved him because she was popular, unlike me. Alexa needed him so that they would both look better than they were already.

Right there and then, I decided that I would never speak of my devotion to Brook in public again. I would just have to grin and bare it like I always do.