Chapter 7

I was hoping when I yelled that to him he would stop. I was wrong. It only got worse. He was feeding off me twice a day. It was like he enjoyed being horrible.

This day was the exact same. He came in early in the morning and drank from me. Now I'm sitting on the edge of my bed. Lunch today: stake, potatoes, and green beans. Served on a silver platter with a spoon, fork, and a knife. I know this is a very touchy subject and something very permanent. Make no mistake. I'm scared. But I don't want to be someone's personal buffet for the rest of my painful days. I came from a bad family and a shitty roommate who has probably sold all of my things. I was definitely the right girl to kidnap, no one is going to look for me. Damn him. Damn my family. Damn me. But before I could even blink I could hear him screaming at someone. "YOU GAVE HER A KNIFE?! ARE YOU THAT DUMB?!" Within the second the door had burst open. I already had the knife pressed to my stomach. It touched my bare skin, my shirt was taken off so he could get a better angle on my neck. I'm sick of it! It's now or never. I pressed on the knife. He was quiet in the doorway, taking small steps towards me. "Put the knife down." The warm tears ran down my cheek, "I'm tired of being your living blood bag. I wanna live! Not just survive." He took a few steps until he was at the foot of my bed. He sat down, "Hey, look at me. Vanessa look at me now. " I made Eye contact. He had his hand reached out for the knife. I didn't want to die. I hesitantly put the knife in his hand. He put it in his pocket. "Now, come here." I started crying at this point, "No. No no no please no-" he cut me off. "Just come here." He patted on the bed next to him. His voice was oddly sympathetic. I moved closer to the spot he patted was right next to him. He wrapped his arms around me and moved the hair away from my ear. He whispered,"I'm sorry for what I've done to you. You're free to go anywhere in the mansion and I will stop feeding off you. I just got upset." I stood up as quick as possible and ran down the hallway. The stairs were worst. I finally made it to the first floor. I'd never been down here. It was incredible! The ceiling was raised and the two curved stairways framed it. In the center was a vase full of roses.

     I ran to the door and tried to open it. "Honey he never unlocks those doors." There was the butler standing in the middle of the hall between the stairs. "I... I just want to go to the garden." He nodded and motioned for me to follow him. We walked into a grand dinning hall that had 2 sets of sliding doors. "It's out that way honey." I practically threw open the door and ran. I went through the beds of flowers and vegetables before I realized something. There was a stone wall around the property. I was stuck. I tried and I tried but the wall was too high. I used a bench and I tried everything.

"What are you trying to do?" His voice was stern. "A-Alex hi I um was just looking at the trees over the wall and I-" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me off the bench. He was dragging me through the house and stopped at the stairs. "Alex I'm so sorry I swear it won't happen again I don't know what I was thinking and-" I was cut off by him letting my hand go and saying, "I know exactly what you were trying to do. All you need to do is ask. I don't want you to hurt yourself doing something so reckless." He pulled out a rusted golden key and said, "I fear this is the last I might see of you." I stood there confused as he hugged me. I did not hug him back. He stepped towards the tall doors and sighed deeply. He slid the key into the ally and turned it, stopping when he heard the click. "Go ahead." He said and motioned towards the doors. I walked over to the door and pulled on it. To both me and Mr & Mrs. Grails surprise the door opened letting in beautiful amounts of sunlight. The mansion was always so dark. I took off as fast as I could and stopped a little while away. He sat the key down outside and told me I was welcome back at any point. I sprinted for so long, feeling the cool breeze on my face, until I got to a small town. I was miles and miles from home.