Chapter 1

The room is dark and cold. The floor reeks of death and blood, the copper smell burning the inside of my nose. It smells so gross. My name is Vanessa, I'm 19, and I was somewhere I didn't know. I don't think I drank that much last night. Maybe a single beer, even though I wouldn't be the driver. It didn't make any sense I know I danced and left but I can't remember who I was with. There's only a body. Fit and tall. He was so pale, and dressed nicely. I think it was a red dress suit and black tie. I can't remember and this smell is making me nauseous. I feel like my blue eyes are getting tired and my hair is covered in something. My lips are dry and my neck hurts. Am I bleeding? I can't see anything but my neck is warm and wet. "Oh fuck!" I yelp as I find a set of holes in my neck. I'm bleeding. Am I dying? What do I do? "Help me! Please! Is anybody there? Im bleeding and the blood is everywhere!" I shout into nothingness. I need to get up. I push myself off the floor and find a cold stone wall. That was strange. I worked my fingers and hands all over the walls for what seemed like forever until I found something metal. A door? Yes! I found a door. I try the handle but it doesn't budge. "Where am I? Please help me!" I started pounding on the door. Everything is so cold. Does whoever is here not feel this freezing air? I'm shivering now. I can't tell if it's from blood loss or just how cold I am. "Shut up in there. Could you be any louder?" I heard a male voice say. "Please sir, I think something happened. I'm bleeding!" It was silent for a minute before I could hear footsteps over my sobs. Suddenly the door opened and a loud familiar voice echoed in. "I know. I'm the one who did it." My whole world froze as I pushed myself to the back wall. The light poured through the open doorway and I could see my blood... And his face. His blue piercing eyes were almost clear like glass. His pale skin looked sickly. "Wha... What do you mean?" I stuttered out. Amazed that I could even make noise. "Do you not remember anything? Makes sense  since I drugged your drink. We're in my cell in the deepest part of my basement. I knew exactly what the holes were in that moment. "You're a vampire aren't you?" My words trailed off as he stepped closer to me and kneeled on the ground. "Bingo. You sure are a smart one aren't you?" I stood up and ran straight for the door with all of my strength. However, it wasn't enough. I tripped out the door frame and landed straight into someone's arms. They were strong. "Where do you think you're going." I knew it. It was him. He got in front of me before I even got to the door. That's incredible and horrifying. "Let's go he said," practically standing me up and dragging me at the same time. I tried to walk with him but I was too weak.