chapter 1

Irene's dress shown above

Irenes P.O.V.

"Irene are you listening?" Sabrina asked me. Right now we're at the mall hanging out since summer just started *celabrates in head*.

"Huh, oh yeah I am exited for the gala next week." Ok so let me explain at the start of every season, misty river has a gala or party. Next week the gala will be held at the mayor's mansion, the nickel's house. Every season is a different theme this year the summer gala's theme is nature.

"So girls are we going shopping for our dresses at the famous gala shop. this season's gala dresses are there." Caroline asked with a very hopeful expression so I had to say yes. They literally dragged me there and I saw so many dresses made specially for the gala.

Some of the dresses had butterflies others had vines and flowers and some had animal print but they were all so gorgeous.

One dress that got my attention was white on the skirt that went mid-thigh with a glittery black bodice and little silver flowers going up and down from the waist. It showed some cleavage but not to much will still make many boy drool. Sabrina must of seen me looking at it 'cause she made me buy it.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Jason P.O.V.

Today I saw Irene and my heart skipped a beat like usual around her. I had force myself to stop staring or else Erik would notice and beat me up saying I'm not good enough for her since I was a player a very big player and probably break her heart.

No matter what he said I was going to ask her to the gala. I was going to do it now but then she left with Caroline and Sabrina to probably shop for her dress but I knew no matter what what she wore she would look amazing.

"Dude what are thinking about, a certain girl." Erik said snapping me out of my thoughts wiggling his eyebrows. Of course I lied saying " No, the gala" ya know since I'm to young to to die by being to death by my crushes protective older brother.

Every boy dreams of asking Irene, Caroline or Sabrina to galas since they are the prettiest girls in Misty River. They turn down every boy, every single one, 'cause they always go with either me, Erik or Nick since we are the founding families it's just polite. The upside is this year I will be going with Irene unless Nick asks her but if he does I will hurt him so bad.

I'm pretty sure Nick likes Irene but I also think he likes Sabrina more. Which is good since that means less competition, of course I'm also competing with all the other teenage boys that fall for Irene's beauty.

I think Irene likes me but I'm not sure she doesn't fall for my charms like the other girls do. That's what I like about her she's not easy to get.

Me and Erik sat at the coffee shop for a while before the girls came back. Irene sat next to me and talked to Sabrina for a bit before Nick came over.

He sat next to Sabrina and put an arm around her shoulder. All of us are best friends, unfortunately that means we usually get friend zoned. On the plus side it is still gives us a chance to become more but that not happened to any of us.

Normally because if either me or Nick makes a move we get beaten up by Erik which I have been on the wrong side of his punches and I had a bruise on my jaw for weeks.

The only good thing that came out of that was Irene kissed it. Heres what happend.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Today I was planning on asking Irene on a date. I was nervous because there is a 100% chance that Erik was with her.
I went over and of course Erik was there. I prepared myself for a beating.
"Irene uh," I stuttered " will you um go on a um er date with uh me?" And before I could answer Erik dragged me by the collar of my shirt outside with Irene yelling at him to let me go.
When we got outside where no teacher could see he let me go and punched me, hard. I fell to the ground clutching my jaw, my eyes closed in pain.
Irene ran up to me when her brother left. She had an ice pack with her. She put to my jaw with one hand while the other was on my shoulder for balance as she crouched in front of me.
Irene removed the ice pack from my jaw. I opened my eyes to see her face very close to me as she examined my bruise.
"Are you ok Jason?" Irene asked after a while still in front of me. I Nodded, she slowly leaned forward my heart threatening to beat out of my chest.
I felt her soft lips on my jaw where the bruise was. After a minute or two she pulled away. On her face was a big smile.
"Better now?" She said with a small smirk when she saw the smile on my face. My smile was faltered when she pulled my off the forest ground and we walked to class with me still feeling her soft lips on my jaw. If only it wasn't to help a bruise.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Irene talking to me about the gala. I wanted to ask her now but I was right by Erik so I saved myself by waiting.

"So who are you going with to the gala?" A very curious Irene asked.

"Haven't asked anyone yet." Surprising Irene. If only she knew she was going to be the one to get rid the yet. I was going to wait for another day when her brother wasn't there.

"I have an idea." Sabrina declared catching all our attention. "Why don't we show the boys are dresses and Erik please don't beat up Nick or Jason if the look at Irene's big breasts because they are hormonal boys who can't help it. If you are good we'll have Caroline kiss you." Well now i won't have to worry about him hurting me and if she gave him that warning the irenes dress will show her breasts.

"I will? When did that happen?" Caroline asked. She was clueless when we all knew Erik and her liked each other, and Sabrinas reward had Erik smiling and us boys safe from his punches.