Chapter 36

"Baby, Sam, what's wrong? Sam?" She frantically asked me.

I breathed in slowly and deeply. I had no idea what was wrong. My wolf was hard to control; every instinct I had was screaming for me to phase and start running. I looked her, Emily, her hair was hanging lose. Hair a little bit stringy; concern was littering her beautiful face, her sparkling eyes focusing solely on me. She was mine, she loved me.

  "Nothing Em; I love you."

  She smiled, "I love you too," and just like that I was calmed. She's so amazing.

I smiled back; she kept me grounded.

  "What was that? Are you sure you're okay?"

  "I don't know, and I'm sure. I'm great; you're here with me."

I felt like a lovesick puppy. I'd follow her around forever. It was strange, I knew the feeling. It was strong, the very same feeling as when I first imprinted. Looking at her, I forgot the overwhelming fear and unexplainable anger that had been taking me over.

  "What?" She blushed.

  "I love you, so much."

0000

  "No! Jasper! Jasper! Don't hurt him, stop, Jasper," I screamed loudly at the strangers.

  "Bells. Shh, it's okay. It's okay," the bronze warm stranger held me against him.

  "Let go! Let me go! Make them stop hurting him," I tried to squirm away.

  "It's okay Bella, you can stop. Jasper can't hurt you anymore. You're safe now; I have you."

  "No! Please leave us alone, please. Don't hurt him," I started to cry. What did we do to deserve this. "Please, just stop."

  "Bella," he said in sad a whisper. "It's me. It's Paul. We imprinted."

  "What the hell are you talking about? I don't know you. Now let go of me! Leave me alone, let me go!"

He looked at me, tears threatening to spill over. He was breathing deeply; he looked like he ready to break

  "You don't- remember me," his voice cracked. I swallowed, I felt bad for some reason. He dropped his arms and let me go.

I should've ran, but I stood there instead. Racking my brain for some explaination. Did I know him? I don't think I do, but he felt familiar.

 We were broth breathing heavily in sync. "Bella."

  "I don't know you," I told him.

  "Yes you do."

I shook my head.

  "You do."

  "Please make them stop hurting him. Please," my voice was heavy with anguish. "Please, I beg you."

I listened, eyes closed, to Jasper's struggle. These men weren't human and he couldn't defend himself against all of them.

  "And why should I?" He asked me angrily.

  I sighed, holding back tears. "Haven't you ever loved somebody so deeply that it hurt you to see that person hurting?"

  The guy swallowed and rubbed his face. "Yeah I do; so damn much. I love. Her," His eyes seemed to be pleading with me. He swallowed again.

  "How would you feel then, if some complete strangers came bursting in and started to attack her? How? Do something."

  "I," he nodded. "Bella, I."