Units of Treasure

After lots of conversations and hand holding, Jake took me to see his parents. We were going to have lunch. 

"How are you, sweet girl?" His mom, Katherine, asked as we headed into the house. His father waved and smiled as he sat down to join us at the table outside. 
"How are you, darlin'?" His father asked. 
I sat in between Katherine and Jake as the housekeeper, Moira, served a tray of sandwich triangles, a bowl of sugared strawberries, and his mom's infamous Southern iced tea.
"I've been alright. I've been pretty busy lately, but I'm happy. Jake took me shopping, and now we're here- having lunch with you guys." I smiled as I took a small sip of my tea and put a few strawberries in my bowl.
Jake wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"Where's Arielle?" I asked. Arielle was his little sister. She was 12 and Katherine's carbon copy. 
"She's staying at her friend's house until four."
I nodded and smiled.

"Will she be home for dinner?" I asked sweetly.
"She'll be back home in a few hours." Katherine responded.
"Okay, I was just curious." Jake reached over and held my hand.

"Jake, have you taken Coree shipping for the gala dinner tonight? Some of the governors and our family would like to meet her." His father smiled as he picked up a sandwich from the tray. 
"We went shopping earlier, but I just helped with groceries. We were going to find her an amazing dress for tonight." I smiled and leaned in to kiss her. Coree moved just slightly, and their lips touched. Coree flushed a bright red, before the kiss ended and Jake reached for her hand.
"Shall we go, darling?" He asked. Coree nodded and they said their goodbyes as they headed back into town yet again.