VII

Elizabeth finds the two boys lying in the garden. It is still early in the morning - the sun barely sitting in the sky. Her eyes scan over the way Prince Harry has his arms protectively around Louis and she can not help but feel uncomfortable.

She clears her throat awkwardly - not that the sleeping boys will notice - and makes her way closer to them. She gently nudges Louis with the tip of her shoe.

"Wake up," She says. Her tone is stern, but quiet. She does not want to draw the attention from any workers that may be be lurking about.

Neither of the boys stir so she nudges Louis again - harder this time.

Louis groans and opens his eyes. The morning blinds him and he blinks to clear his eyes. He lets out a tiny, cute yawn and looks down to see a still sleeping Harry.

Louis automatically smiles and all he wants to do is kiss the prince under him. His eyes scan Harry's face hungrily and he jumps when he hears someone clear their throat next to him.

He turns to see Elizabeth and tries to climb off Harry's warm body. Harry tightens his arms and furrows his brows.

"What?" Harry mumbles out. He squints his eyes open and sees a frantic Louis lying on top of him. He frowns and Louis casts his eyes to the left.

Harry turns his head lazily and almost screams when he sees Elizabeth. She is looking at him with raised brows and an unreadable expression.

Harry quickly - yet gently - moves Louis off him. He sits up and straightens out his wrinkly clothes and turns back to Elizabeth.

"Morning," He greets her. She continues to glare at the two boys and crosses her arms over her chest.

"What is this?" She asks. Her voice is stern and angry. Louis cowers behind Harry and Harry meets her eyes evenly.

"We were picking flowers last night," Harry lies easily. She gives him an incredulous look, but Harry does not squirm.

"Oh really? And why were you picking flowers?" She asks.

"Because the castle smells weird. I decided last night that I wanted flowers in the dining room so, it would smell better. I grabbed Louis because I can not pick flowers - I may prick myself - and he helped me," Harry tells her. He does not even hesitate to sputter out this lie.

"Where are the flowers?" Elizabeth asks, still not believing.

Harry turns to the side and sees the soft pink rose. He gently picks it up and stares at it lovingly.

"They were here. Must have blown away," He says. His voice comes out soft and sad. Louis can not believe Harry is lying so easily - though the story is ridiculous.

"And the sleeping?" Elizabeth questions. Harry shrugs his shoulders and gives her a bored look.

"It was late. We fell asleep. Since you are here though can you and Louis pick more flowers? I want them in the dining room for when my parents arrive," Harry instructs. He glares at Elizabeth and then turns to give Louis a soft smile.

"Oh and, Louis, after you are done my room needs to be cleaned," Harry tells him. Louis nods and Harry stands to his feet.

He slowly walks away and both Elizabeth and Louis watch him leave. Louis smiles at the way the prince plays with the rose in his hand and the way he walks so clumsily.

Elizabeth clears her throat and Louis drags his eyes away from Harrys retreating figure. He feels lost without Harry next to him and the way Elizabeth is staring him down in unnerving.

"Picking flowers?" She questions. Louis looks down at his old, worn out shoes and nods his head. He does not trust his voice.

"I do not believe it. I suggest you two tone down the loving glances and tender touches. You are going to get yourself killed," Elizabeth tells him. Louis looks up and can not read her face. She looks a mix between angry, disgusted and protective. Such an odd mix.