Chapter 6

Lexa's P.O.V.

I felt my heavy eyes begin to open. The bright sun was shining brightly in the room. My eyes began to burn from the new light. At first my vision was blurry, but as I began blinking it cleared up. The birds were chirping, and the wind was blowing. It was like life was simple again.

I felt a arm holding me tight, I slowly looked up to see Clarke. Her features were relaxed, and the bruise on her face was very visible. I was pissed that she went to my house last night. Because now that the project is done she is going to go back to being her bitchy self. The girl who always beat me up, the girl who didn't give a fuck about me, the girl who hurts people. And now she saw me being weak. She saw me screaming in pain. She knows that I can be vulnerable if she just says one thing about my family. I have to get out of here.

When I was about to get up I noticed that Clarke's eyes were open. How long was I staring? How long has she been staring?

"Hey." Clarke's voice was very husky.

"I um- I gotta go." I sat up.

"What why?" Clarke sat up.

"Uh- because I'm going to be late for school." I came up with a excuse. I started to stand up, but I was pulled back down before I could walk away.

"Why don't we stay here today? Skip school and just hang out." She suggested.

"Clarke, the project is over. You don't have to try to be nice to me so we can get an A." I told her standing back up. But once again I was pulled right back down.

"Lexa, I don't want to be your enemy. I don't want to hurt you. You don't deserve that."

"Your just pitying me." I said.

"Let me try to make it up to you. I know one day is not going to make up three years of hurting you, but it's a start." Clarke begged.

I looked into her ocean blue eyes. Something about them told my heart that she wasn't lying. And that she didn't want to hurt me. But my brain didn't want to let anyone in. Because then if I do there is a chance that they just might leave. And I'm tired of letting people in then seeing them leave. But before my brain could stop my heart; I heard myself say yes.

Once I agreed I saw Clarke's smile crawl from ear to ear. Clarke was different. At school everyone was her bitch. She was Queen B of the school. Everyone wants to be her. But out of school she is just a normal human being. She is like a little bean. Hard when it's raw. Mushy when it's cooked. At school Clarke's heart is raw; she is just a bitch. But when she is not in school she is cooked. Her heart is warm and mushy. Me, I'm just a dry noodle; I break.

"Here you go, you can wear this." Clarke said giving me a black pocketed t-shirt and white pants. Which I new would not be white at the end of the day.

"Thank you."

"You can go change in the bathroom." Clarke addressed to me, and I walked into her bathroom.

After I was done getting changed, I grabbed the other clothes and bundled them up into a ball. As I opened the door my stomach dropped, my jaw dropped. I couldn't peel my eyes away.

It looked as if Clarke just reentered the room. I'll ask where she went later but right now she was facing me standing casually, looking me up and down, head to toe. She had a plain white t-shirt on. With black ripped skinny jeans. And a red flannel wrapped around her waist.