Chapter 8

Lexa's P.O.V.

It was finally the weekend, so now I got to sleep in. I tried my hardest to got back to sleep, but gave up after ten minutes. I reached over Clarke and turned on her phone to see what time it was. Seven o'clock? That's way to early for the weekend. I settled back down, and got comfortable under the sheets.

Clarke was still deep asleep, I wish I could lay here and study her features all day but I really need to pee.

I untangle myself from the sheets and head into the bathroom. Once I was done going to the bathroom, I went back into Clarke's room and sat on the bed crisscross. I looked to the left and saw my guitar sitting in the corner. After thinking for a minute, I reached over and gripped it in my hands tightly.

I placed the guitar in the right position and stared to play some random strings. I looked back over to see that Clarke was still in a very deep sleep. After looking at her, I got some inspiration. I tuned my guitar, then placed my fingers in the right place for the first cord.

As I switched my fingers to hit the right note, I felt like everything was back to normal again. I was a happy girl, with a loving mother and father. Everything in my life was great, I had amazing friends, great grades. Supportive parents that loved me no matter what. And a life that my future kids would ask me to talk about every night before they go to bed.

Two minutes later I decided to stop playing after two tears rolled down my cheeks.

"That was amazing," I heard someone say behind me.

"Oh thanks, it was just a little song I know." I turned towards Clarke and wiped my tears away before she noticed, at least I hope.

"What song was that, I feel like I know it?" She asked tilting her head slightly.

"Um it was 'Friends' by Ed Sheeran." I answered, rubbing my eyes and then looking down.

"Come on let's go get some breakfast." Clarke grabbed my hand causing my stomach to drop. She gently dragged me down stairs and into the kitchen.

Ugh this girl made me feel so much, any little touch made me feel like the whole world disappeared and it was only the two of us.

Clarke let go of my hand a sat down at the table. I looked at her with a confused glance.

"Make me some breakfast," She smirked.

"Who died and made you boss?" I jokingly snapped back with a laugh at the end.

"Haha, very funny. But seriously I want pancakes." Clarke laughed but then got extremely serious a second later. I rolled my eyes, but then reached into the cabinet for a pan. I wasn't really uncomfortable making breakfast, because I knew that Abby was already at work.

About ten minutes later I had the first pancake cooking. I looked over to where Clarke was sitting. She was on her phone laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked curious.

Instead of telling me what was so funny, she continued to look at her phone and laugh. I hate it when people do that. I turned around and curled my finger in the pancake mix. I looked back at Clarke and flung my finger forward, and the pancake mix landed in a perfect line going through her eye and onto her nose.

"Lexa freaking Woods! Why the hell was that necessary?!" Clarke raised her voice and stood up as if it was such a big deal.