|5| I Think You're Pretty

{CRYSTAL POV}

Here I am, sitting uncomfortably in the nurse's office. What a way to spend the first day.

How did I end up here?

Oh yeah I almost forgot. who am I kidding, of course I didn't. I decided that I would rather consume a peanut butter bar, which I am allergic to, than face my art history teacher empty handed.

Yeah, now that I think about it, it was quite a foolish move. My throat is swelling up and my entire body is itchy. Lucky for me, the head nurse, Mrs. Barbara is taking good care of me. After Mrs. Barbara gave me some hydrocortisone cream to apply on my skin, I felt a sense of relief.

Not long after that, I heard somebody opening the door and entering the nurse's office.

I heard a deep voice after that, "Don't worry about me Barbara, I'll just lay down, my head sorta hurts".

Wow, this guy sounds like a real douchebag. I can't believe he simply just called Mrs. Barbara by her first name.

I heard footsteps coming towards my bed but then they stopped.

He must have chosen a bed somewhere near me.

I wish I could see who it is but the closed curtains are blocking my view. After a few short minutes, Mrs. Barbara came in and instructed me to lay down.

"Let me release these curtains so you can get some fresh air hun,"she recommended.

I nod my head as my eyes lit up.

Once she releases these curtains, I can sneak a peak at the guy next to me.

As Mrs. Barbara opens up the curtains, I see a familiar face. It took him a while to open his eyes. Once he did, he stared at me the same way I did at him. Judging from his expression he seems to have recognized me. I remain eye contact as I see the face of the guy who I had slapped earlier. I could feel the awkward tention.

Of all douchebags, why this one?

{ALEX POV}

I take my time staring at her, she was doing the same to me so it's only fair. Her stare intimidates me but not enough to make me look away.

"Hey," she uttered.

Surprisingly, her voice sounds pleasant when she isn't yelling.

"Hi...uhm...Hello," I respond.

Did I just stutter?

"That's funny, usually I'm the one who stutters," she teased, once again reminding me of her presence.

For some reason, I smile in response.

"Well, I normally don't, I'm actually a real smooth talker," I say, defending myself.

"Oh really?" She questioned, "you could've fooled me since you didn't say a thing after you pushed me in the hallway".

Its funny, I feel pissed yet guilty at the same time.

"You're a real jerk, you know that?" She abruptly stated.

What followed was an awkward silence.

"You know, for a smooth talker, you really don't say much," she said, breaking the silence.

"Well, I don't know what to say," I finally start talking, "I guess sorry is correct in this situation".

"Is that supposed to be an apology?" She asked.

"What do you think?" I say in a slightly annoyed tone.

"I think an apology should sound like this," she stated, "Even though I dislike you,I'm sorry for slapping you earlier".

"Is that supposed to be an apology?" I ask, genuinely wanting to know if it is.

"What do you think?" She remarks in the same tone that I had previously.

I take her words into consideration as I continue looking at her. Her face is the same as I had seen before, except she seems to be smiling. Her skin looks like porcelain and her lips are glossy. I can still detect the scent of lavender from her hair. I think back to her question, "what do you think?"

I think you're pretty.

Well then, two POVs in one chapter? Lit. looks like Alex is softening up. Tbh I still think he's a jerk though (it's funny since he's MY character). Stay tuned for updates.

 Stay tuned for updates