KHAI POV*

CHAPTER 7: KHAI LAVENDER

"I understand, but you need to walk more and exercise"I said to the old lady as I walk her to the destination which was the TV room. I sat her down and waved goodbye to her.

I seen my best friend desire who was in the computer next to the lady room who always complain to the females but when she see me. She always say....

"Come here my sweet chocolate thunder"I smirk at desire who shook her head.

"Yes Ms.dorthy"I walk in her room.

"You didn't see me this morning. How come?"she said.

"I was busy with desire. Another elderly pass away"I said.

"Khai, do you ever notice that I been here since I was 70"she said.

"Nah, I came here two months ago"I said.

"Well"she sigh. "I'm 80 years old. My two childrens who was boys is dead. They died at the age of 17 when I was young. Today is one of their birthdays and every time I close my eyes, I see them smiling at me"she wipe her wrinkling face. "The streets killed them"

This is why I can't go back to the streets. It was either gone be my life or someone else life being taken away.

"I grew up off the streets too"I said. "My mom left me and my sister at a young age. My sister was looking up to someone so I met this man who treated us like his own, till he was gun down by rivals"I nod my head thinking about him. "Then they find us and separate me from her"

"Where is she now?"Ms. Dorthy ask.

"She's with my baby mama. Ex girlfriend"I said.

"Mmm"she nod her head. "Your like a son to me"she grab my hand.

"Your like my own mother"I said squeezing her hand.

"Be a good man to her too"

"To who?"I ask. She look at desire who was talking to another woman.

"You like her huh"Ms.dorthy said.

"No, she's my friend"I said.

"Mhmmm, you went to church with her and saw her family. You love that girl"she patted my arms.

"Okay, I might"I said shrugging my shoulders. Ms. Dorthy smile at me.

"You should tie the knot with her"she said.

"I'm not ready yet"I said.

"Khai"she rub my face. "Your ready"

"Okay"I smile. I walk out as the lady walk away. "Hi"I waved.

"What Ms. Dorthy told you?"desire ask me.

"Nothing"I lied.

"Mhmmm"desire rolled her eyes and look back at her chart. I can't really fall in love with this girl. She's my boss. "Get back to work Khai and stop looking at me"

"Oh okay"I walk away and went to the nurse station. I sigh thinking about what Ms.dorthy said.

LATER

I drop my keys on the table next to the door. I'm so tired and need to rest.

I laid on the couch sighing when I look at child support services papers on my table. When can I see my lil girl? I can't tho.

People been looking for me in New York. They wanted me dead so I bail and left. I didn't want to. My baby sister back down there.

I hope she safe