Chapter 9 - 3

How did he let it get this far?

It was all because of him, had he treated her like every other fresher, she would have had the same fate as others, she wouldn't be wound up in a hospital bed.

But David knew he couldn't treat her like others, she was different, unlike anyone he had ever met.

He saw her limp body through the glass window, and every decision that he took that got her here, he regretted every single one of them.

He couldn't stand to see her state, it was his doing, all of this.

David knew he had to find the offenders and set an example so nobody will ever dare to go against his words.

He knew what he had to do, his resolve hardened and he left to find the wrongdoers.

His feet suddenly faltered when he saw him here, the nurses told him that an old man got the girl here but he didn't expect his father to be the one.

He seemed to be engaged in a conversation with some person, he looked weak, exhausted and disappointed.

David knew fate had somehow again managed for his father to be disappointed in him and his choices, he must have realized who was the person behind this state of the girl.

He left the premises before his father could spot him.

He couldn't bring himself to apologize to her, perhaps tomorrow, after he punished her offenders, he will see her again and unlike last night she won't have fear in her eyes on seeing him.

-------
She was different, unlike anyone he ever met.
David.