Leaving the threshold

Knock knock. I dazedly turn my head in the direction of my door, eyes still drooping from the sudden wake. Neck aching from falling asleep sitting up, head crouched in my knees.

"Dan? Im heading out shopping do you want to come?"

I take refuge in hearing his voice, his soft tone returning despite my blunder from earlier. He makes me feel better, a sense of comfort that only comes when im with very few other people.

"Uh yh! Ill be out in a minute i need to get..." i trail off as i look at the alarm clock, parked on my bedside draws. "Phil? Its 6:30 in the evening? Isnt it a bit late?" I say with amusement at the endearing qualities of my best friend.

He suddenly takes that as an invitation and hesitantly opens my door.

"...its okay! You can come in. I wont bite!" I say with a rare smile on my face, unusually happy with the added presence.

"This time"  i hear him mutter.

Instant regret.

"Oh Phil im so sorry for earlier. You just startled me and i havent been sleeping great since-"

"Since the other night"  He cuts me off. I nod, suddenly remembering.
I try not to let it show, but my face drops and i know that he notices.

"You seemed to have slept well earlier when we... um when we cuddled!" He blushes.

I settle on that thought for a minute. And i too find flames dancing on the pillows of my face.

"Sh-shall we head out shopping then. Its getting late" i struggle out of embarrasment.

"Mhm"

I grab a t-shirt, finally finishing getting dressed after... all day shamfully.

We both make our way to the door to plop into our shoes and hunt for the key.

As Phil opens the door, i become rigid. I haven't been outside since it happened- which isnt a rare occurrence, but it's still sets in a nerve racking, blood boiling, head spinning pit in my stomach that makes me shake to the core.

Phil can sense my discomfort, although i doubt he knows why.

He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers, looking up into my eyes with a reassuring look within his. God he is so beautiful. I dont like him like that, but i can appreciate his attractiveness as a human being. The way his eyes dance within themselves with flickers of green and gold engulfed by that god forsaken ocean blue. I could go swimming in those eyes.

The feeling of his gaze on me, makes me completely oblivious to the way he is holding my hand. His skin, fiercely soothing on my mine, totally different and gentle compared to what he did to me. Phil just leads me out of the door, the cold air hitting us all at once as a gush of wind blows a curl wayward off my forehead. Phils hand treks up to set it straight, his hand coming down to linger on my cheek slowly as he carefully caresses the burning skin there. I smile as he drags his hand away and for once in what feels like an eternity, i feel completely fine.

---------------------

A/N:
Really short fluffy filler. First time writing something so romantic and bleh 😝. Not sure how to feel about that, it sort of made me feel wierd- but in a good way (i think). Anyway hope all 2 of you (le audience) enjoyed. Be back with another soon.

I would say i promise, but its all unpredictable when it comes to me.

Anyway ciao bellos!

Xx