Lullaby

Dedicated to 808retaliation for the amazing cover.

Has swearing and some sexual content, nothing too serious. You've been warned.

So savrose10 and I have always had a fascination with sixteen and pregnant stories. Matter of fact, they're almost always horrible. Bad grammar, incorrect information, bad plot lines, and let's face it, the reactions from other characters in the stories aren't realistic. Mothers don't jump for joy, the baby daddy doesn't fall in love with the girl minutes after she tells him about the baby. It's just all too fake. The girl's friends most likely won't be supportive and the baby momma herself isn't going to be happy and automatically decide to keep the kid.

So hopefully this story will be more realistic, neither savrose10 or I have any experience being sixteen and pregnant, but sadly we do know quite a few people who have gone through it.

This rant is officially over, enjoy.

•••

•Intro•
•Lullaby•

This is it, this moment determines the rest of my life. I almost never make bad choices, almost. I like to consider myself a practical, cool headed individual. Of all the things I could have done, I did this. Just take deep breaths Harley, you can do this, I chanted in my head. I peered down into the sink, my eyes zeroing in on the white stick. My breath catches as I read positive. Oh no, I've really fucked up now. Nothing about this was logical.

•One Month Earlier•

My ears were assaulted by fangirl screams. If I had one wish, it would be that a pop-star didn't attend our school. My second wish would be, that he wouldn't be in my music class. I feel bad for him and all, but Greyson should have just stuck with homeschool. Just a glance at him, and it's obvious that he hates the attention.

"Hey beautiful, is it hot in here or is it just you?" Carter popped up out of no where, smirking at me, leaning against the lockers. His handsome face somewhat drew my attention away from the pack of girls that trailed after Greyson. Carter has been doing this lately, flirting with crappy pick up lines. I know I'm his latest conquest, the girl of the week he'll trick into his bed. The only problem is, that I have no intention of getting into bed with him. The idea was appealing, but I'm not some conquest. And I have more important things to do. "Are you from Tennessee, cause you're the only ten I see." I couldn't help but to chuckle at his cliche pick up lines. They weren't funny, but the way he delivered them with such confidence was pretty hilarious.

"Carter, shut up." I snapped, slamming my locker closed and trailing after the groupies that followed Greyson's every move. Carter soon fell into step next to me.

"Do you live on a chicken farm?" He attempted to suppress the smile on his face, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"No," I deadpanned.

"Cause you sure know how to raise a cock." Carter smirked at me, chuckling at his own stupidity.

"Seriously, shut up." This time saying it as if I actually meant it, which I didn't. Carter amuses me, and he isn't that bad of company when he's not trying to get me into bed.

"Do you work at Subway?"

"Carter—"

"Because you just gave me a footlong." Carter cut me off, finishing the pick up line even though I was going to tell him to shut up again.

"I'm going to kill you soon." I grumbled, actually becoming annoyed at all his not so subtle innuendoes.

"Okay, just one more?" I sighed and agreed. "Are you a pikachu? Because you are shockingly beautiful." He gave me a sincere grin the lit up his face.