Chapter 3: Feeling Incomplete

"So miss Beltran, ano na ang desisyon mo about sa offer ko?"

The EIC asked. Cielo smiled at him. She knew that she doing the right thing. And she also want to make herself busy.

"i accept it, Sir."

However, Alice and Ellie are against the idea of accepting the offer. They both think that this is not good for her moving on process.

"Mahirap, sis. Isipin mo, iinterview-hin mo ung taong involve. And you begin to question why did he live and Carl didnt. Nag aalala kami sayo." Alice blurted. And Ellie agreed.

"I'm okay you guys. Dont worry. I can do this. I feel like i have to. There's this feeling na i'm incomplete if i didnt accept this." Cielo smiled. She is determined to do this task. She's taking it as a challenge to herself.

Angela regularly visits Eri. She's always hoping na magising na ang binata para makahingi na siya ng sorry dito at maitama ang kamalian niya.

It looks like her prayers has been answered.

Nagkamalay na si Eri. Nakatingin lang ito sa bintana.

Nagulat ito nang makita niya ang binata.

"Thank god, you're awake. I am sorry for what happened hindi ko sinasadya. I just realized na hindi ko pala kaya ng wala ka, babe."

He's just staring at her.

"why are you calling me babe? who are you? sino ako?"

Angela realizes that Eri cant remember anything from his past.

Nalungkot siya for him. But she feels lucky because this must be the fresh way to start a new life with him. He doesnt remember anything about the argument they had before the accident.

She introduced herself to Eri. Showed him some pictures from her cellphone kaya naniwala ito sakanya. She told him all the good memories they've shared together for one year.

Cielo arrived at the hospital right after Angela left para kumuha ng gamit sa condo unit ni Eri.

"Nurse, saan ang room ni Enrico Trinidad?"

"Room 310 po. Relative po ba sila?" the nurse asked.

Cielo just nodded and leave the nurse station.

Kinailangan niyang ilihim ang pakay niya sa pasyente para papasukin siya ng mga nurse.

Habang naglalakad ay naiisip niya ang dating asawa. Kung nabuhay lang sana ito kagaya ng taong kakausapin niya ngayon. Nang marating ni Cielo ang nasabing kwarto ay agad siyang kumatok. Sa pangalawang katok ay bumukas ang pinto. Lumabas ang isang nurse. Mukhang kinuha nito ang vital signs ni Eri. Cielo entered the room. Slowly.

She felt weird pagpasok nya. There she saw the patient. He looks so familiar to her. Pero hindi niya maintindihan ang naramdaman niya. Eri looked at her. He felt the same way. It feels like they've known each other for so long. Kung alam lang nila ang totoo.

"hi. Ako si Cielo Beltran. isa akong columnist. Gusto ko lang sana kunin yung panig mo about sa aksidente. If you're okay with that." She feels nervous. Hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit.

"You see, hindi ko kilala ang sarili ko. i cant remember anything from my past. Maybe you should talk to my girlfriend. Lumabas lang siya saglit. You can wait her here." He smiled.

That smile. It seems so familiar para kay Cielo. Hindi niya maalis sa isip niya na pagkumparahin si Eri at Carl.

Hindi na siya makapag concentrate kaya napagpasyahan niya na ipagpaliban nalang muna ang gagawin at nagpaalam siyang itutuloy nalang ang interview pag nakalabas na siya ng ospital. She gave him her calling card.