Friends?

The next few days at work were pretty bland. Avallana has been so busy with school that she had no time to keep me company and I've been avoiding Liam ever since that weird conversation we had.

I hate it because sometimes I'll catch us laughing at the same thing or hear him talking to his friends and I'll suddenly wish I could get to know him better. If not as lovers, than as friends. My unfortunate bodily and mental mishap also known us feelings, wouldn't allow me to focus on my tasks. I couldn't stop thinking about his beautiful eyes or his perfect teeth. His skin and all his scars and little freckles. He was so beautiful to me it hurt. My attraction to him was a different type of physical thing. He was one of those guys that every girl probably crushed on once in their lives but other people didn't get the hype.

Blowing out a sigh, I realized I had lunch now. "Hey Lana, I'm going out back for lunch. Call me if you need anything."

Avallana nodded in response. I think people can smell when your having a bad day, and just decide to make it worst. Not that I didn't understand Avallana's stressful situation, but right now would be when I needed her most.

I sat in the plastic chair in the huge room, the dim lighting adding to my mood.

My head rested agains my arms, as I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath.

Not five minutes passed before I heard a voice I wasn't in the mood to hear.

"Melanie? Are you alright?" Liam asked.

I groaned in response.

"Mmm who knew tuna salad was so good?" he teased.

My head snapped up to save my lunch from being inhaled.

"Chill Rosebaby, I hate fish." he chuckled at me.

"I'm not in the mood Liam, please leave me alone."

"But it's my lunch break too..." he gave me big sad eyes that he must've used plenty of times before.

I gestured to the chair beside me and before I could even blink he was grinning and taking out his lunch-a bottle of beer.

I glared up at him in disgust, which obviously I couldn't keep because I eventually just broke my glare and cracked a smile.

I grabbed my fork and started eating my tuna salad, which was surprisingly better than the one they sold in the caff. Well I guess now not my cafeteria anymore because I graduated, a concept that went way too fast for me.

"You kept staring at me today," he smirked at me.

"Don't think I didn't notice." he chuckled at my embarrassed face.

"And? Something wrong with where my eyes wander?" I challenged, scooting just a little closer towards him.

"No, nothing's wrong at all, just wondering. I mean if you wanted to you know..." he shrugged, waiting for me to catch on.

"I don't know what you're implying, but stop because it's not happening."

He laughed at me, which I don't get why. I'm not that funny.

"You're so uptight. You need to stop that." He said, shaking his head.

"What do you mean?" I'm not uptight! I'm one of the most let-loose, have-fun, girls that there is.

"You're irritated because I implied wanting to tongue you. I know you like me, and yet instead of taking the opportunity to kiss me, you shut me out." He said in a judgmental tone.

"You don't even know me. This is why we can't be friends. You literally do nothing but judge me." I retorted.

"Don't you see? There's only so much time we have in this life time to do the things we want, so why fight it?" he said.

I suddenly realized there was probably a deeper meaning to what he was saying.

All I could do was shake my head and continue my lunch.

"Okay fine,"

He stretched his hand out to me, waiting for me to grab it.

"Truce?" he asked.

"Truce." I said.

And that's how Liam and I became friends.