Chapter 7

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 7

I check the time. It reads 6:35. I can't believe I slept that long. I hear Kate sobbing like a maniac over the phone.

"Where are you?"

"I-I'm still at Pebble Beach." Her voice is still shaky.

"I'm going there once I find a ride," I pause. I can't even drive. Why would she call me? "I'll call you when I'm there."

"Thanks Ashley." She sounds less shaky and a bit relieved. I hang up and start to think. I take out my phone and scroll through my contacts. I send a text to Anthony, asking if he could help me, but he replies immediately.

Sorry Ashley, I only have my permit. And I kinda got in trouble with my mom. Srry.

Okay, I guess Anthony's out. I could ask Erin or some of her friends, but I only met them today, so then I start to look around while thinking. Then my eyes move to the window, and I stare at Will's house.

Should I ask him? Kate really needs help, I don't know why, but it better be important, because I'm kind of not in the best terms with her right now.

With the phone in my hand, I dial Will's number. He picks up within 3 rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey Will, it's Ashley. Um, Kate kind of needs help, and I don't know if she's in trouble, so can you give me a ride to Pebble beach, please?"

"Yeah, meet me at my driveway, I'm heading down right now." He hangs up and I sigh in relief. Thank goodness. I quickly grab my bag and put in my wallet and phone. I also grab my jacket just in case Kate needs it since it is getting cold. I quickly holler at my parents that I'm going out for a little, and they didn't seem to care, as usual. I run to Will's driveway and he is already in his car. I slide into his passenger seat and he starts driving.

I'm nervous. I don't know why it is such an emergency. I could hear myself breathing quite loudly and quickly, almost hyperventilating. I start running my hands back and forth on my thighs, because that's my habit when I'm nervous.

Kate is pretty strong. She never cries. I am pretty positive that she was on the verge of crying over the phone and that means whatever happened was a big deal.

My hands continue to furiously move back and forth until Will put his right hand on my left, causing me to stop.

"She's going to be okay."

I turn my hand around and our hands automatically connected. It feels perfect, our hands together. I guess it calms me down. He tightens his grip and gives me a light squeeze. Our hands stay that way for the whole ride.

The night starts to get darker, and the sky isn't blue anymore, but instead, it is a dark orangey almost brownish color.

The ride to Pebble Beach was a silent one, but it wasn't awkward or weird. It was one of those nice silence where even though it doesn't seem like anything, it was everything. It was pleasant.

By the time we get to the beach, it was 7:15 and the sky is now pretty dark. I call Kate but she didn't pick up. I kept calling.

Will parks the car at the empty parking lot and then I dial Kate's number again.