Chapter 13: Marinette's Birthday

Adrien sprung up out of bed at the sound of his beeping alarm. He scurried to get dressed and clean up.

"What are you doing? You know school's out." Plagg moaned. "The last day of school was Friday. Did you hit you head or something in the Betweens?"

"No Plagg." Adrien glared at Plagg while slipping on his jacket. "Today is Monday and I have to get to Marinette's house."

"Why?"

"Did you hit your head or something? It's Marinette's birthday." Adrien grinned. "Which means I'm going to see her."

"You do realize that it's called a birthDAY. No one said you had to visit her this early in the morning. We both could be sleeping right now." Plagg continued to complain to Adrien.

"I'm leaving now Plagg. I want to surprise her." Adrien smiled, grabbing a small blue box from his desk. "Plagg! Claws Out!"

. . .

It was 9:30 a.m. and Marinette sat up on her bed sewing. She had woke up early to finish a few last minute details on her dress.

Suddenly, Chat Noir's head swung down in front of Marinette.

"Ah!" Marinette screamed in surprise. "Chat Noir, you scared me."

"Sorry princess, I just wanted to surprise you on your special day."

"The surprise is how your hair defies gravity when you're upside down." Marinette laughed. "But my party isn't until later. What are you doing here now?"

"Wait a second. Close your eyes."

"Why? What are you gonna do?"

"Just close your eyes."

"Fine." Marinette agreed, closing her eyes.

Chat Noir managed to pull the small blue box out of his pocket while being upside down and held it in front of Marinette.

"Okay. Open your eyes." Chat smiled.

"You aren't asking me to marry you, right?"

"No. Not now. Just open it."

Marinette's face lit up as she opened the tiny box. There was a necklace inside the box that matched the Ladybug and Chat Noir charm bracelet.

"Oh Chat . . . it's beautiful. Thank you. I love it."

"I do except thanks in kisses." Chat Noir smirked.

"Okay. I guess you deserve it." Marinette leaned forward and lightly kissed Chat Noir's lips before putting her new necklace on. "Now get down before all of the blood rushes to your head."

Marinette scooted to the other side of her bed so Chat Noir could drop down into her room. He landed on the edge of Marinette's bed and smiled at her. Even though he was bit dizzy from being upside down. Chat Noir detransformed into Adrien and let his kwami wander to find Tikki. Adrien immediately eyed Marinette's dress.

"What's that? What did you design?" Adrien asked, reaching over to peek at the dress.

"No. Paws off." Marinette protested. "You don't get to see this dress until my party starts."

"Why? You are an amazing designer and I know talent when I see it. And fashion is practically my life. My dad is a famous fashion designer and I model his clothes."

"Well . . . I'll give you a hint to what it looks like. When you gave me this charm bracelet, you wrote a note on the side of the bag." Marinette began, showing him the bracelet on her wrist. "One of the lines said "Your eyes sparkle like the stars" and that gave me the idea to make a star themed dress."