Chapter 15: Dream Big

Marinette woke up on the wooden floor in the Between's library. She was laying in the middle of the room next to the couches and tables. She opened up her eyes and looked around the room, realizing where she was at.

"Ugh! Why am I back here?!" Marinette groaned, getting up off of the floor. "Hey Betweens! Why did you bring me back? You know you can't keep me here." Marinette shouted, looking up at the ceiling. "I've gotta get out quick so I can get back to Paris to help Chat Noir." She mumbled.

Marinette looked around the library again, seeing all of the bookshelves and the usual things that had been there. She remembered where the staircase was, but there was something that had caught her eye behind her.

"Wait. What was that?" She questioned, turning back around. She saw out of the corner of her eye that at the edge of the room was an opening. "That wasn't there before." She whispered, walking over.

The edge of the room was darker and the opening was almost hidden, but it was still visible. Marinette slid through the opening and peered inside. The opening led to another room that was also a library, but much smaller. The shelves were all laid against the walls instead of in rows. In the center of the room stood a tall, brown podium with a small light.

"Another library?" She said, moving around the room, looking at the shelves.

The bookshelves in the room were filled with a lot more dust than any of the book shelves outside of the room.

"This room must be older." Marinette analyzed before moving over to the podium.

On the podium stood a thick brown book with gold medal on the corners.

Marinette approached the podium and opened the book. She blew all of the dust off of it and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What? The pages are blank?" She said, flipping through the pages.

Marinette eventually realized that every page was blank and turned back to the first page. Suddenly, as she reached the first page, words started to appear. The words continued to appear as she read them.

"Marinette, this book holds many secrets and mysteries about the future. You are in need of some information."

"So this is why I'm here." She mumbled before she kept reading.

"This book will only let you read what you need, but once you look away from this book, you will forget everything. You can only fully access these secrets when the time is right. Sometimes it requires a certain impact or trigger word to cause you to remember." Marinette kept her eyes glued to the book as she turned to the next page. "A great evil is coming. An evil more powerful than you have ever fought before. The Collector will rise and he will cause more problems than Hawkmoth ever has. You will need to unlock the hidden secrets of your miraculous to defeat him." Marinette quit reading as the words stopped appearing.

"That's it? Who's The Collector?" Marinette asked as the book suddenly slammed itself shut. "Hey! I'm not done." Marinette protested, trying to pry the book back open. "Ugh! Why won't you open back up? How is any of the information that you just told me going to help if I don't understand it?"

Marinette frowned and accidentally turned away from the book for a second. She immediately forgot everything she just learned.

"What?" She said, scratching her head as she turned to look back at the book. "What did I . . . just read? Did I . . . read something." She stared at the book, confused, trying to figure out what had just happened. When she looked at the book though, she was thought nothing of it. Her mind had no interest in it.

Marinette spun around and headed for the opening in the corner, but it closed when she came near it.

"No!" She shouted, hitting her fist against the wall. "How am I-" Marinette was interrupted by the sound of bookshelves moving.