Somewhere

"I'm so excited." He smiled over at me. "I've never been on a plane before."

We left an week earlier than we had planed.

He said he was needed sooner then he thought.

Chandler sat across from me on his private jet. His hand typing rapidly on his computer. He told me it was a vacation for me and work for him.

Bella sat next to me, scrolling through her phone.

The jet slowly lifted from the ground before I realized it we were in the sky.

"Everything is so small."

Bella shook her head, smiling. "My first time flying. I was so scared."

"Really?"

"Absolutely. I was surrounded by so many people, screaming to the top of my lungs."

"Where were you going?"

A sly smile spread across her face.

"My boyfriend lives in Russia."

The waiter on the jet came up to me, offering me a drink.

"No thanks."

He was young. Very young. Around my age. He was blonde with a very award winning smile. No school I'm sure the girls would be trailing behind him.

"I'm Nicholas." He held out his hand.

"Everest."

He shook my hand, kissing the palm. "Happy to make your acceptance."

Bella snatched my hand away. "Get away kid."

He gave her a funny look. "I'm just being a gentlemen."

A heavy hand landed on his shoulder. "Be a gentlemen somewhere else." Chandler turned him around. So they were eye to eye.

Chandler towered over him, a lot.

Nicholas held up his hand in surrender. "Mr.Cohen I was just being nice."

"I think you should go back with the captain."

He scurried away.

A laugh escaped me. "It wasn't even that serious, Chandler."

His eyes darkened, his fist balling up. He walked near me but Bella held him back.

My eyes widen with realization.

Chandler would never.

Moving away from them onto another seat, watching as Bella tried to calm him down. His body suddenly relaxed.

He whispered in Bella's ear. She gave me an apologetic smile, leaving the room.

"Everest."

I just stared at him.

He sat me on his lap, wrapping his arms around me.

The first time we touched, it was as if a whole new world of galaxies had opened up. The universe conspired, the stars approved, the moon stopped hiding just to peer at us from above, and for the first, finally, finally, everything felt right.

It still feels so right.

"I would never hurt you, I love you."

He kissed my forehead.

"I know, Chandler."

Another attendant approached us.

"I'm sorry about Nicholas inappropriate behavior, Mr.Cohen."

The guy gave me a frightened look.

"It was okay-"

"Unlocked the jet underneath." Chandler held me against his chest. "Let the kid see how it feels to fly."