A Gift From Merry

Merry: *knocks on the front door of Bag End*

Me: *opens up the door and sees Merry* Oh, Hi, Merry! What brings you here?

Merry: I came here to bring you a gift.

Me: Really? A Gift? What kind of gift?

*hears the sound of a goat*

*looks down and sees a large white goat in front of me*

Me: *laughs* Merry, you got me a goat? Ha ha ha ha ha!

Merry: I knew it would make you happy! Isn't she beautiful? I found her at the market and thought of you because I know how much you love goats. So, I bought her. We can raise her together if you'd like. She just gave birth last week, so we're able to milk her, too!

Me: Thank you so much, Merry! This really means a lot to me. Where are we going to keep her?

Merry: How about I keep her? There's lots of room in my front yard. You can come up whenever you'd like and we can take care of her. Maybe even milk her. That sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Me: That does sound like a lot of fun! Yeah, I do think it's a good idea for her to stay with you in Buckland. I think if she stayed here with me and Frodo, then she might get into Frodo's garden and eat all of his flowers.

Merry: *laughs*

Me: So, what are we going to name her, Merry?

Merry: *shrugs his shoulders* I don't know. You can name her if you'd like.

Me: *thinks* Hmm...how about...Merriana? It's both of our names combined. What do you think?

Merry: I think it's perfect! That's a beautiful name!

Me: I think so, too.

Merry: *yawns* Well, it's getting late. I better head back home. Say, Brianna, would you like to come over to my place tomorrow afternoon for some tea and biscuits? We can also milk Merriana, if you'd like to.

Me: You know how to milk a goat?

Merry: Of course I do! I was taught when I was a young lad! I'd be glad to show you how to do it! Anyways, I gotta run. See you tomorrow!

*kisses me sweetly*

Merry: *runs off* Bye, my love!

Me: Bye, Merry!