Can we 'know' anything for sure?

What does it mean to 'know' something?

Is it the ability to use your senses and trust whatever they perceive? Or is it simply the agreed answer to whatever that is to be known by the majority? Do we know that we exist?

Do we actually know nothing at all? Are we all simply ideas and belief? What do we know for sure?!?!?!

By knowing, does it mean to believe? Or by knowing do you perceive and feel based on your opinions? And what is truth in this sense? Is there any truth to the world and is anything real?

Thought of the day:

1) Can we trust our senses? Are they reliable?

2) "Je pense, donc je suis", commonly known as "Cogito, Ergo Sum" - Rene Descartes. It means, I think, therefore I am. 

3) I know that I know nothing - Socrates

Welcome to epistemology - The study of knowledge. :)

I'll leave this for you to think about since it's the first chapter and I want it to be a cool introduction for you towards philosophy and leave you to your thoughts on if we know anything for sure because this is a hugely debatable question!:)

The next chapter will include a more in depth discussion on other questions as do what I plan to do every weekday. It's just that for this one, I want YOU to be the main leader in this discussion on what is knowledge. I just simply put forth some questions for you to think about. But I can assure you that the next chapter will be much more in depth! :)

(Hint: The next question is about you... :) )

These questions are found online or by my thoughts and feel free to comment or PM me any of your own philosophical questions! Then maybe we can start to post everyday so that you have something to think about!:)

Or if you want check out my poems and other writings like conflict resolution in my profile!:)

Thanks for reading and hope you comment your thoughts!

I was thinking maybe I should put some info in on what some philosophers think, but I want you to think about your opinions and maybe talk about it with each other in the comments below!

So please vote and comment if you liked this question!

---

Author's Note:

And, last but not least...

~You are amazing.

~You are awesome - because you are reading this, kidding, you are still awesome.

~You are phenomenal.

You are amazing in more than a million different ways.

~ Winter :D