the potion

"It looks disgusting," Ginny said as she peered into Hermione's cauldron on Saturday.

"Thanks," Hermione said. "I've only been working on it for two months."

"No, it's supposed to look disgusting, that's good," Ginny said, smiling at her friend. The two were standing in one of the stalls in the prefect's bathroom. It was four in the morning; even Filch was asleep. "When should we make the switch?"

"Well, the potion's supposed to last twelve hours... we can take Pansy and Daphne away after breakfast. We'll be them from eight in the morning to eight in the evening."

"Wonderful," Ginny said, clapping her hands together eagerly.

"I agree," Hermione said, smiling. She took out two vials and handed one to her friend. "Fill this. We'll add a hair once we have the girls."

Ginny took the vial eagerly and filled it quickly. Hermione did the same.

"Let's go back to the common room before anyone gets suspicious," Hermione suggested. Ginny nodded, and they made their way back to the common room, vials concealed within their robes.

{ }

It was breakfast time, and Hermione's stomach was in a knot. She kept peering over to the Slytherin table, looking at Daphne. What if they were caught?

"I've been taking notes on the behaviors of Pansy and Daphne," Ginny said, following Hermione's gaze. "Pansy's completely obnoxious." 

"Tell me something I don't know," Hermione muttered. 

"I don't think I can," Ginny replied, making a reference to the other's perfect academic record and watching her blush. Clearing her throat, the youngest Weasley continued, "She doesn't participate in class, but she definitely talks to her friends - Daphne, Millicent, and Malfoy."

"Good luck," Hermione said grimly, grateful that she wasn't the one replacing the girl.

"Daphne's pretty quiet. She gets good grades, I think, but doesn't participate in class at all. Here are both of their schedules," Ginny said, taking out a piece of paper and handing it to Hermione.

"How did you get these?" Hermione asked, her mouth open.

"Don't ask," Ginny smirked. She looked at the Slytherin table again and her eyes widened. "They're leaving. Let's go."

The two girls followed the Slytherins out.

{ }

"Test today in Potions, what fun," Pansy sniggered. The two Gryffindors kept close behind the Slytherins. Finally, Ginny took out her wand.

"Stupefy!" she shouted, and Pansy immediately fell to the floor. Hermione did the same for Daphne, and then the friends dragged the girls to the seventh floor.

"I need a place to hide these girls," Ginny said confidently, walking past a blank expanse of wall three times. A door appeared, and the girls took the Slytherins into the Room of Requirement, which had made itself into a comfortable living area, with a bed and couch. "Ooh, comfy."

Hermione looked at the Stupified girls. Did she really just do that? Knock out two girls because of a prank?

"Are you sure you want to go through with this, Ginny?" Hermione shuddered. Ginny narrowed her eyes at her friend.