S I X: "I bet she ran track in high school"

Hiiiiii I'm here! Hello! Hey! Hola! Here you guys go!

Song for this chapter is "Runnin" by Naughty Boy ft. Beyonce

___________________________

Evie's POV:

I was standing quietly watching Clary and Simon talk, it seemed like Simon really wanted to leave but Clary really wants to find Dot and her mother.

Izzy walks forward placing her hand on a hand scanning thingy and to my surprise the wall opens up revealing a whole collection of Seraph weapons. Izzy reaches her hand forward dragging her finger along a blade as Jace comes pushing past me, Clary, and Simon to slap her hand away, "No, Izzy." Jace says. Izzy rolls her eyes then says, "Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission.", "What? Who?" I ask confused. "I don't approve of this mission" I could feel Alec's breath on the back of my neck as he spoke, I twist my head to see just how close he was and let's just say I didn't have to reach at all to grasp hold of his muscled arm. He looked at me for a quick second then back up to the others, "I spoke with the Clave, their sending Seelie scouts to search of Valentine, but they made it clear that the little girl does not leave the primacies." Alec said gesturing towards Clary, I snickered when Alec said 'little girl'.  Clary rolled her eyes at me then snapped her head towards Alec, "Hey, my name is not little girl, okay? I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot." she replied, Jace interfered, "Alec, this Warlock could have the answers we need, and with Valentines people out there searching for Clary she's not safe outside alone.". "Jace has a point." Izzy said, "You too Izzy?-" Alec replied then turned to Clary, "-alright since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?" Alec finished snarky. Alec moved my hand off his arm, I thought he just didn't want me to touch him so I was about to cross my arms and leave him alone but he grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. I tried to hide a blush but I looked up at Izzy to catch her winking at me, I rolled my eyes. "We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint-" she starts playing with her necklace, "-and theres this thrift store that she-" Clary cuts off gasping for air as her eyes go wide then she goes back to normal. "What's wrong what is it?" I ask taking a step closer to her, "I....um...weirdly I think I know where Dot is." She says still looking freaked out. "Great-" Simon says pulling out keys from his coat pocket, "-I'll drive." we all stare at him, "What? Unless you have a Shadowhunter mobile or something?" he finishes, Clary awkwardly lets out a 'ha', she's trying to lighten the mood I guess? "You were kidding about the runes on the floor killing me right?" Simon says with a hint of fear, Jace, Izzy and I look at each other smirking, Jace looks up to Simon and says "Possibly." then pats his face walking away and we all follow behind him. "Wait, am I gonna die?" He says following behind like a scared puppy. Alec still hasn't let go of my hand and I hope he never does.

.............

We follow a fast walking Clary down a dark ally, she stops in her tacks as if she's seeing something again. "....Dot...DOT!" she yells and starts running, and we follow. We run a good amount before Jace finally says something, "Clary, Clary stop.", she stops running, "Two men, circle members. T-the same ones who came to my house...they took my mom...they have Dot, they're gonna hurt her or kill her, WE HAVE TO STOP THEM!" She yells starting to run again, "Oh here we go again..." I say rolling my eyes and starting to run beside Alec, he snickers looking over at me, "I bet she ran track in high school." he says and I just smile back. We run into PanDEMONium. She stops in the middle of the floor, "No, she was just trying to help me.-" she turns around to look at us as she grabs her necklace again., "-now she's gone.", "Clary, i'm sorry." Simon says placing his hand on her shoulder. "You don't under stand, Dot's like my big sister." Clary shakes her head at the thought of Dot being dead. "It's not safe here" I say looking at her, "We have to go back to the institute right now" Alec says looking around at the five of us. "So what now?! Valentine has my mom and Dot? We're just going to give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone." Clary reply's towards Jace. "Well there is another option." He says looking down, arms crossed. "Don't even." "Absolutely not." "Noooo" Izzy, Alec and I say at the same time, you didn't have to be an official Shadowhunter to know what Jace was thinking. "I'm not afraid of the silent brothers." Jace says, "Who are the silent brothers?" Clary asked. "They're Shadowhunters with superior powers, they have the ability to recover memories." I said crossing my arms, "A process that could also kill you. So theres that." Alec bluntly cuts in shrugging his shoulders. "Your bed side manner is a bizmol" Simon says smiling towards Alec, "Shut up.." I say shaking my head at Simon. "We've broken at least eighteen Clave rules and now you want to go to the city of bones? Theres no way. I won't allow it." Alec says stepping closer to Jace, "This isn't our choice to make. This is Clary's decision." Jace replies nodding his head towards Clary, Izzy cuts in "You can't ask her to do this! She doesn't know what she's facing.-", I cut in, "She's not prepared. "If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening.-" Clary stops to give us a chance to throw any other ideas out but we all just stood there quietly, "-that settles it.". "See? I told you she's one of us." Jace says cockily to Alec as he hits his shoulder and walks off. I grab Alec's hand and pull him along to follow Jace and Clary.