Changchun Admits Defeat Part 6

He bellowed: "Where did this little witch pop up from?"

Lying horizontally spread across the path, an even worse slew of obscenities escaped the fat woman's mouth.

Huang Rong caught the whip with her left hand and gave it a small tug, causing the fatty to tumble off his horse. Raising the whip, she lashed it towards him. The fat woman screamed loudly, "Female robber! Murder! She's blocked our way and robbed us!" Unrelenting, Huang Rong pulled out her E'Mei Dagger and bent down. With a "chi" sound, blood splattered across the fat woman's face and she shrieked like a dying pig. Her left ear had been sliced off.

This scared the living spirits out of the fatty and he immediately knelt, whimpering: "Mercy, big Lady King! I... I have silver!"

Huang Rong made a face. "Who wants your silver? Who is this woman?"

"She... She's my wife! We... we... she went back to her mother's house to visit."

"Both of you are fat and robust, so why can't you walk yourself? I can show mercy, but you just have to follow my orders."

"Yes, yes," he clamored. "We'll obey Lady King's orders."

Huang Rong burst out laughing when she heard him address herself as 'Lady King', thinking it was a pretty interesting title. She said, "Where are the two sedan-bearers? Get inside the sedan – all three of you, together with that slave girl."

Not daring to defy her, the three servants propped the fallen sedan back to balance and climbed inside. Thankfully, all three of them were thin and small-built so it wasn't much of a squeeze. In fact, their combined mass might've even been smaller than that of the fat woman's. At present, six pairs of eyes – the three servants', Guo Jing's and the fat couples' – were fixed nervously on Huang Rong, not knowing what strange ideas she might have.

Huang Rong said, "You husband and wife have led a life of power and luxury, bullying the poor just because you have a little stinking money. Now that you've met the big 'Lady King', would you like to live or die?"

By this time, the fat woman had long stopped her wailing. With her left hand pressed firmly on the wound on the side of her face, she said together with her fat husband, "We want to live, we want to live! Please have mercy, Lady King!"

"All right," said Huang Rong. "Today, it's your turn to be the sedan-bearers. Lift up the sedan!"

The fat woman cried, "I... I only know how to sit in sedans; I don't know how to carry them!"

A dagger flew past her, grazing the tip of her nose. Huang Rong shouted, "If you don't carry the sedan, I'm going to slice off your nose."

Thinking that her nose had already been sliced off, the fat woman shrieked, "Aiya, the pain is killing me!" Huang Rong shouted again, "Are you going to carry the sedan, or not?"